• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Gonna buy me a couple of saws - but need opinions on one.

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Gonna buy me a Byrne's model sized saw for doing model sized wood. But need another contractor's type portable saw. Have an el cheapo plastic one that I've had for 25 years and a 10" craftsman saw from the early 80's that I just don't have room for now and haven't used in 10 years. Do not have room for a shop saw. Need to be portable and relatively light so I can move it in and out of the shoparage. Nothing that I would consider is in stock right now other than a sawstop. Bosch had one I wanted, but cannot find one, Skilsaw has the worm drive that I have thought about, but the fence of the 10" Dewalt has my eye now. Any ideas or suggestions?

Jonkou

Reaction score
First name
John
This one has served me well for about 15 years. Rips 4 x 8 ply 3/4 sheets and framing 2x lumber no problem. Plenty of power, accurate fence, collapses on wheels to move easy, can’t lift into the pickup bed myself but rarely need to. I’d buy it again.

3A717D49-79A5-49F6-87E3-88E8CEAE362A.jpeg

FLQuacker

Reaction score
First name
Wayne
Ive had the dewalt job site for a few years, its done everything ive needed it to do. Love the portability. Roll it outside and cut, blow it off, roll it back in