"Good Boy"

David Van Asperen

Reaction score
First name
David
Got he pattern from a scroll saw magazine , really liked it so I put it on a live edge maple slab that I got from @Mike1950or @ daveduckman quite awhile back . Well that pattern was attaches to the board and I made about 20 entry holes , then life happened things got in the way and we moved. Approximately 2-1/2 years go by and I have a shop semi-setup and have decided to cut this for my son. Since so much rime had passed I was sure the whole project was a bust , you know pattern lifted off the wood no good way to re-attach since I had some holes already drilled . So the figured I would make a few cuts for some practice since I hadn't scrolled in so long. To my surprise the pattern seemed to be quite well attached ( I had data he'd it with scrollers tape ) I am impressed withe the tape ,I did get some pattern lifting in arrears were I would normally get lifting but it was less than I remember getting.
Well that is the story on another project that took me way too long to do. Still need to mount a backe board and finish it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Very nice. glad to see you are back at it. My guess is that is Dave's. Sure wonder what happened to him

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Very nice. glad to see you are back at it. My guess is that is Dave's. Sure wonder what happened to him
He was gone for awhile, came back very briefly, said he'd been working a lot but then disappeared again. Hope all is okay with him.