Graduation gift

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
So, this is not a stellar job - but it is my first one.

20170529112301.JPG

Based on a Steven Carmichael video.

That opening to the right is a place to hang his tassel.

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
It's the thought that counts. No ones perfect on the first try.
I like it.
Keep on practicing and you'll be great at it. You have the talent....

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
It's the thought that counts. No ones perfect on the first try.
I like it.
Keep on practicing and you'll be great at it. You have the talent....

First off, thanks for the vote of confidence.

And I don't feel too bad about it since he showed it off to some of his friends. I took that as a vote of approval :)

David Van Asperen

Reaction score
First name
David
Way to go. No one else will ever have your first one. .what a great way to keep all those grad things together .
I really like the project and your skills will improve ( although it is very good for a first effort). Do be a little carful as the scroll saw is a quite addictive machine
Dave

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Way to go. No one else will ever have your first one. .what a great way to keep all those grad things together .
I really like the project and your skills will improve ( although it is very good for a first effort). Do be a little carful as the scroll saw is a quite addictive machine
Dave

Thank you.

I did find that one of my issues, probably the biggest one after my lack of experience, was that I used pinned blades. They're just a bit wide for trying to do those finer cuts. It's mildly painful to change pinless blades in the saw I have but I did a few test cuts with pinless and I can tell the difference.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Looks good Ken! No one is as critical of work as the person who made it, I'm sure he was pleased as punch with it! Well done sir! Tony

lvstealth

Reaction score
First name
Lisa
very nice! and the scroll saw is my true addiction! im new to it all, but was wondering if pinned blades come in the small sizes? i never tried the pinned ones because they felt far to stiff. but the pinless ones are difficult (to say the least) to put together when starting an inside cut. i do a few, but am frustrated by the time i get the bottom caught on the thingy. live and learn though, i figure experience is the answer!

your project is perfect for a grad (and btw, congrats on success in rearing a kid to fruition! that is the best project you will ever do!). i love the place to hang the tassel and the picture is perfect. this is something he will treasure forever!