Greetings from southwest Florida

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Welcome from Southeast Texas! Great looking pieces. Did you also do the ocean surf epoxy work in the first picture?
Noticed that too! Welcome from a lower elevation of Tennessee that that darn guy above. No pun intended! Still planning to visit him soon! Sound likes a cool area to pick up a bunch of nice wood. And gots some good skills. Do you make the bases? I think the only thing I've done in your area is to fish!! Well that and listen to a bunch of boring guys lecture about steel buildings!!

Last edited:

Hammer1833

Reaction score
First name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haa haa. I’m a fishing guide too
Noticed that too! Welcome from a lower elevation of Tennessee that that darn guy above. No pun intended! Still planning to visit him soon! Sound likes a cool area to pick up a bunch of nice wood. And gots some good skills. Do you make the bases? I think the only thing I've done in your area is to fish!! Well that and listen to a bunch of boring guys lecture about steel buildings!

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Welcome. Where are you located? I’m up in Lutz…. Just North of Tampa. Beautiful work.

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Cape Coral
Well, if you are up that way, I can claim to have done some shell hunting also! Always thought that the Darling Reserve would be a good place to take my cameras and big glass and get some bird and wildlife shots! Now, If you know where I can light into some big tarpon within reach of a flyrod - then you and I can be friends! I ain't too proud to beg!

Last edited:

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Nice area. We’ve spent quite a few vacations on Sanibel and Captiva.

Hammer1833

Reaction score
First name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, if you are up that way, I can claim to have done some shell hunting also! Always thought that the Darling Reserve would be a good place to take my cameras and big glass and get some bird and wildlife shots! Now, If you know where I can light into some big tarpon within reach of a flyrod - then you and I can be friends! I ain't too proud to beg!
Ding darling is great for the fly

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Welcome from Colorado. All I can say is WOW!!! To all of it! My wife’s best friend just relocated to Englewood, love that area. Been out on their boat briefly once, need to make a lot more trips down there and practice my fly casting!

thanks for sharing your work. Enjoy the craziness of this bunch. More epoxy and casting questions all the time….including from myself.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy John, welcome to the club....

David - Ohio

Banned
Reaction score
First name
David
Many people have. You can probably find a few using the search function.
I am concerned as to the bubbles in the mix and I wanted to know if anyone recommend a brand that solves this problem without having to go buy other equipment. Is Table top brand that answer ???

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
I am concerned as to the bubbles in the mix and I wanted to know if anyone recommend a brand that solves this problem without having to go buy other equipment. Is Table top brand that answer ???
I've used the brand Pourable Plastic with good results without a pressure pot. I think that's comparable to Table Top.