Grizzly G0462 lathe.

chevy572

Reaction score
First name
dalton
Leaning more towards this lathe for the money, but the price has worried that its to good of a deal and I can't find any video reviews on it so any input is appreciated!

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
That's the one I have. I just got it and haven't really had a chance to play with it yet. I bought it from @woodman6415, maybe he can jump in. Tony

woodman6415

Reaction score
First name
wendell
I got the grizzly lathe from my neighbor who purchased it new .. he was retired and turned on it everyday ... mostly segregated turnings .. think he had it 3 or 4 years ... It was the first good size lathe I owned ... turned a lot on it .. some big enough I used the outside to turn ... never once had any problems with it ... when I upgraded to my Jet 1442vs ( only because I got it in a trade ) I put my oneway vacuum chuck on the grizzly and keep using it for bottom work and applying finishing to bowls ... in my opinion for a first lathe in that price range you can't go wrong ... I'm now upgrading to a powermatic and will use the jet for my vacuum chuck

Herb G.

Reaction score
First name
Herb
I own one. It was a year old when I bought it. Other than a Reeves drive, it's pretty solid.
I built a sandbox for it to keep it from walking. I also bought some rubber foot adjustable legs for it from McMaster Carr to level it & keep it from jumping around.
If I ever figure out how to post pics here I will.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
If I ever figure out how to post pics here I will.

Herb, that one's pretty simple... When you go to the input box where you post your conversation here, on the bottom right corner there is a button "Upload a File" click that button, select the file on your computer, and click Open.

IF the file is to large, it may not upload, however most current browsers see that, and resize the file for you. If your browser isn't doing that, you may have to resize the images in a graphics/photo/imaging program before loading. But, we can help you get past that as well.