Guess the wood!

The100road

Reaction score
First name
Stan
Cut up this burl today. Pretty excited about it. I am surprised at what it actually is from what I’ve seen in the past from this wood.

here’s the deal:
Each player gets one guess before Friday. On Friday I will give a Clue and players can guess again once. If no one guesses correctly I will give another clue on Sunday and players can guess again. After Sunday, I will sit back and smile with my secret burl.

WINNER gets the 3 stabilized figured maple blanks for the cost of SFRB shipping of $8.30

GUESS THIS WOOD!!!! (Wet with mineral spirits)

82CFA62A-C71A-4305-89D6-04F756D1CB53.jpeg

71468590-6D87-418F-B9AF-F7A4CC62CFA0.jpeg

BBE12079-4C37-405B-BDA7-04F11ED805CB.jpeg

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Poplar burl

The100road

Reaction score
First name
Stan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
douglas fir

we have a winner!!!! I was not expecting this when my buddy told me that he had a Doug fir burl that I can have. I almost told him no thanks until I seen a picture that looked like it might have some promise. Glad I didn’t!

@vegas urban lumber send me a pm with your address and I’ll get those blanks shipped out tomorrow. (If you want them for $8.30)

F241EF81-42C7-4302-8B3B-4461328C4C23.jpeg

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
we have a winner!!!! I was not expecting this when my buddy told me that he had a Doug fir burl that I can have. I almost told him no thanks until I seen a picture that looked like it might have some promise. Glad I didn’t!

@vegas urban lumber send me a pm with your address and I’ll get those blanks shipped out tomorrow. (If you want them for $8.30)

View attachment 188310
I'd prefer to send you $20 and get some douglas fir burl. my distinct advantage here is that i grew up in Douglas county Oregon. i could almost smell it from the picture

The100road

Reaction score
First name
Stan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd prefer to send you $20 and get some douglas fir burl. my distinct advantage here is that i grew up in Douglas county Oregon. i could almost smell it from the picture

hahahaha. I didn’t offer it up because I don’t have all that much. I have 5 game call blanks stabilizing now. (It’s super soft/punky)

for $20 I’ll take that maple burl piece out of the SFRB and put in a Doug fir blank once they’re finished in a couple days. That sound okay?

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
hahahaha. I didn’t offer it up because I don’t have all that much. I have 5 game call blanks stabilizing now. (It’s super soft/punky)

for $20 I’ll take that maple burl piece out of the SFRB and put in a Doug fir blank once they’re finished in a couple days. That sound okay?
sounds great