ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Ok, so today, a hacker found his way into Colin's account and changed his email and password.
They posted up a sale topic for redwood blocks.
It was not Colin.
There were a few members ready to pounce on the deal. Fortunately, Colin contacted me and I fixed his account immediately. So no one was scammed out of their money. And Colin's name is still good....
But just so everyone knows what happened and why the topic was removed,
Had you have sent money to the person "Posing as Colin", then you would have been scammed. So, I fixed his account and all is back to normal. His account most likely got hacked because of a weak password. He changed it. And I banned both of the emails the hacker was using.

But, Just to be sure, these members had posted in that topic....
@edward knox
@vegas urban lumber
@Albert Kiebert
@Courtland
And the real Colin... @Schroedc

I have talked with Colin (obviously) Albert and Trev but not Courtland and Edward. Hopefully you guys nor anyone else sent him money.

This is a good reminder to change your passwords. Not just here, but elsewhere too. A good strong password is recommended and make sure you write it down somewhere. If you forget and can't log in, there's an option to access your account by clicking the "forgot password" option under the log in area.
Or let me or one of the mods or even another member you talk to offline. We'll get you set up again.

Ok...so now, go and change your passwords people!

Carry on....

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
So does this mean I’m not getting a great deal on some curly redwood? Just joshing thank you for catching it and letting us know!

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
There is no end to the lengths people will go to take other people's hard earned money. While there are plenty of benefits to technology, there are also plenty of downfalls.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Hardly seems worth the effort for the small amounts of money that changes hands here, not many transactions over $50. I guess anything for a fix.

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
I have seen those exact pieces of wood for sale elsewhere before... Plus in the original post it also said it was being stored in Phoenix, should have been a big clue that it was not a Minnesota resident.

wombat

Reaction score
First name
walter
Hardly seems worth the effort for the small amounts of money that changes hands here, not many transactions over $50. I guess anything for a fix.
It's not the money they're after, it's your credit card and or your banking details.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Wife was IT. for 40 years. Main frame IBM. Passwords are useless. The hackers get inside bank- Hospital- Insurance Etc. and get and get millions of ID's. 1 is not worth it. we change our debit card about every 2 years- bank gets hacked.... Hack me- you get a little hack a bank- ya get a bunch...