• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Hand Planes

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I have a few hand planes that are surplus to my needs. Payment by PayPal. Prices do not include shipping.

Sargent 414 - $40
This was cleaned up, tote and knob sanded down and then hit with a couple coats of BLO, blade was sharpened, put in some paint in the lever cap. The only thing that I did not so to this plane was flatten the sole, which it probably only just needs to have the sole cleaned up. There may be a small amount of surface rust in some spots on the sole/sides that would be very easily removed. The horn of the tote was broken off prior to my ownership, bust doesn't affect usage. This is equivalent to a Stanley #5. This would be a great user plane.

P1.jpg

Stanley #4 - $15
This is a newer one with the plastic tote and knob. I've done nothing with this except sharpen the blade.

P2.jpg

Unknown Block Plane - $10
No idea who made this. The main casting is aluminum. As you can see, it's covered with paint splatters and dust. I have used this for things like adding chamfers to edges. Blade has been sharpened.

P3.jpg

Stanley 110 - $10
This was cleaned up, repainted, and blade sharpened.

P4.jpg

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Barry, the planes add up to $75 and they would all fit together in a LFRB for $21.90. Total would be $96.90. But if you're taking all four, I'd call it an even $90. I would disassemble the 414 and the 4, at least to an extent, to make them fit in the box better and to be able to better pack them for safe shipping.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Glad they arrived in good order!

We have a big box of bubble wrap, etc. pieces from after moving at the beginning of last year. I can pack a lot more boxes like that before we run out, lol.