Hard as Marble!

Customgripper

Reaction score
First name
Curt
I figured it was time to make myself a set of grips for my new commander size pistola and, I've had this block of marble wood lying around the shop for a while so, in between other projects, I worked on these, as time permitted. And, I can tell you firsthand, they don't call it "marble" wood for nothing! It's hard, dense and heavy. I made them a little thicker than normal, around .280" to suit my hand, because I like a lot of grip in my hand when firing. For me, thicker grips gives me more control, hence, more consistently accurate shot placement And, that's an important factor if you're ever in a gunfight, because in a gunfight, there is no second place winner.

Curt's Marble Wood (left).jpg

Curt's Marble Wood (right).jpg

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Spectacular! Love those!

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
I figured it was time to make myself a set of grips for my new commander size pistola and, I've had this block of marble wood lying around the shop for a while so, in between other projects, I worked on these, as time permitted. And, I can tell you firsthand, they don't call it "marble" wood for nothing! It's hard, dense and heavy. I made them a little thicker than normal, around .280" to suit my hand, because I like a lot of grip in my hand when firing. For me, thicker grips gives me more control, hence, more consistently accurate shot placement And, that's an important factor if you're ever in a gunfight, because in a gunfight, there is no second place winner.

View attachment 254524

View attachment 254525
Wouldn't toss that out for eating crackers targets in bed!