Heavy Heart

FranklinWorkshops

Reaction score
First name
Larry
I'll bet the urn will be beautiful, just like the love you and your dad shared. We will all lose our parents and it always hurts but the good memories help our hearts to heal. May God hold you close as you and your family mourn his passing.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Lou my friend my heart hurts for you, reading that post brought a tear to my eye and choked me up. But I am so happy that you got to spend his last days with him, that's priceless. My parents are gone for many years now so I know how that hurts, but our time here is short and we will see them again. I think about my mother everyday and take comfort that we will be together again soon. They are in a better place now, it's not our time yet.
God bless you and yours Lou.

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
My most sincere condolences on the loss of your father. Having lost my father almost 3 years ago, I can totally sympathize and feel for you because the sense of loss that I felt and still feel is devastating. Take care of yourself and those around you my friend. May your father rest in peace, knowing he was loved.

Clay3063

I'm a cantankerous old man, and I know it.
Reaction score
First name
Clay
Lou, my brother, I just read your post and sat here myself with a heavy heart as I read your words. What a neat thing to call your dad, your "champion and mentor". For that I am thankful for you. I love my dad. But he and I were never as close as I had always wished for. Too many personality differences. I've sat at the bedside with many a person and even held some hands as the final breaths were taken. Some with family by their sides, some not. I am so thankful you were there for him and got to spend those last days by his side. This urn, I suspect from the detail of the wood that it will be the most beautiful ever turned. What an honor that is to build. Bless you my brother and your family. We will mourn with you here and also rejoice the life of your father. God Bless brother. - Clay

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
My deepest condolences Lou.

Should you need someone to chat with, we're all here for you bud.