Hello from a New Old Woodturner

Norm Miner

Reaction score
First name
Norman
Just found this site today. I am 88 years old but have been woodturning for only 8, so I have a lot to learn. I ocassionly have extra pieces of turning stock (like lilac) that I would trade for something else. I have been doing mostly bowl turning and boxes, but I would like to learn other things.

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Welcome from Virginia. You'll enjoy it here. A lot of great info, all you gotta do is ask. We love pictures here, so post up some of your projects!

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Welcome Norman. Yes, you can post pictures before you have 5 posts.

If you are looking to try new turning projects, take a look at the challenges we've been conducting for a year or so. All the challenges are listed in a sticky in the General Wood turning forum.

Also. If you want to, the current challenge doesn't close until the end of May, so there is plenty of time to join in if you so desire. https://woodbarter.com/threads/next-turning-challenge.45240/

Read down to post #11 in that thread for the requirements.

Last edited:

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Welcome from a fellow turner

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Norm, Welcome from South Texas! Lilac is a great wood to turn, glad you found us! Tony

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Welcome from West TN. Hope you are able to post pics soon because that Lilac pieces would be interesting to see.