• Woodbarter Hats Are Available!!! Scroll down on the main page to the Member Activities & Site Support, Then click on Wood Barter SCHWAG and go to the topic Woodbarter Hats 2022 to order your hat. There's only a limited quanity, so don't wait to get yours.

Hello from Alabama

Reaction score
First name
Gordon
First time on this site that I just happened to run across hunting lists of pen bushings. While I have been doing various woodworking projects for quite a while, I still consider myself a beginner. I mainly have done minor wood projects and refinishing old furniture. Several years ago, I got an old lathe and figured out how to turn a pen. I am now teaching my 8-ear old grandson and granddaughter how to turn pens. If it would just cool down some here in the deep south to make it a little more enjoyable.

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Gordon, welcome from Virginia. It's awesome that you are teaching the grand younguns to turn. When my grandbaby gets old enough, I'll do the same thing. Post some pics of your projects. Take a few minutes to read the rules so you know how it works around here. Where do you get your wood? Cut yourself? Buy?

jasonb

Sawdust = man glitter
Reaction score
First name
Jason
Welcome from :texas:
While visiting my Uncle in WV one evening after super, we walked out to his workshop and he showed me how to turn a pen. Been hooked ever since (and upgrading ever since too).

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome from Bulverde, Texas! Would love to see pics of your woodworking projects! Chuck

JonathanH

Reaction score
First name
Jonathan
Welcome from N. Texas! Hotter than the deep South here. Temporarily out of state and enjoying some slightly less hot weather in NC.

Post pics of some of your projects. We'd love to see them.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Welcome from NY

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Gordon, Welcome! I live in South Texas but am in Tennessee for the AAW conference now. It's a wonderful thing you are teaching Grands to turn! Tony

Greenacres2

Reaction score
First name
Earl
Welcome from Northwest Indiana. I've turned a few (hundred) pens--but by no means an expert. Lots to delicious off-cuts on here, and the wood isn't too bad either!! The International Assoc of Penturners has a great "bushings & tubes" app--being retooled right now. Great app, covers most of the major kit makers & distributors. Hang out around here--great folks!!

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Welcome from West TN. A lot of woodturners here and lots of primo wood for turning pens.

Tip: Next step is to learn how to attach pics to your posts like this one:

Sassafras burl from Rosemark TN
B275D32D-315F-4475-81AC-8B56C3082E87.jpeg

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
Welcome! The more pictures the happier everyone is haha

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score