Hello from Laplata,md

Smokeydabear

Reaction score
First name
Devin
Good Evening all,

I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and I look forward to learning a lot from the group.

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Welcome from Colorado. Tell us a bit more about experience or desires in wood working, milling, etc. Enjoy, great stuff here

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Welcome from Virginia. Just figured out where La Plata is. I was just across the river from you for the last week working but going home in the AM

Last edited:

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Devin, Welcome from South Texas! Tony

Smokeydabear

Reaction score
First name
Devin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome from Colorado. Tell us a bit more about experience or desires in wood working, milling, etc. Enjoy, great stuff here
Well been working with my hands for as long as I can remember. I made all types of furniture to include my custom built bed and headboard unit in college....many many moons ago lol. Most recently a tv lift cabinet for my bedroom. I started turning wood a year ago and have made a bowls, pencil pots and pens. I done a ton of engraving projects over the years and looking to purchase my first cnc machine this year. Looking to learn as much as I can and hope to contribute my fair share to this community.

Smokeydabear

Reaction score
First name
Devin
Welcome from Virginia. Just figured out where La Plata is. I was just across the river from you for the last week working but going home in the AM
Thank you Eric! I hope you had a good week on this side of the pond lol.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Welcome aboard!

Smokeydabear

Reaction score
First name
Devin
Welcome from California! What species of wood do you like to work with? Chuck
Still pretty new to wood turning and honestly haven't had much experience to develop preferences at this point. I've worked with Maple, cherry, paduak and walnut because they've been easily accessible. I was able to get my hands on a few bits of Australian and Chechen burl. Can't wait to turn those. Open to suggestions

20200104_210232.jpg

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Welcome Eric , from Taunton Massachusetts. Hope you enjoy the site. We all have one thing in common and that is we love wood

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Whenever you get some in send me a few pictures and name your price please and thank you

Okay, it's kind of a hectic time right now but i will get some. If you don't hear from me please don't be shy, say something and remind me.

Smokeydabear

Reaction score
First name
Devin
Okay, it's kind of a hectic time right now but i will get some. If you don't hear from me please don't be shy, say something and remind me.
Will do Tony. Thank you sir. I appreciate it

Smokeydabear

Reaction score
First name
Devin
Here is a short vid of the TV cabinet I built. Sorry for the bad angle, the battery in the wireless remote died on me.

Last edited: