Hello from Saskatchewan Canada

Reaction score
First name
Kim
I love working with wood. I have seen the electrified wood and want to learn how to do that. I have read lots about using a microwave transformer, and found some posts about using a car battery charger. I look forward to learning all I can.

TXMoon

Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Welcome!! Although I doubt I'd ever do electrified wood, it would be interesting to follow the thread and learn more about it. I am sure someone here has some experience with it.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Kim, welcome to the club....
Be careful with that setup. It's crazy dangerous....

Gardnaaa

Reaction score
First name
Zack
I looked into this awhile back. And a retired electrician killed himself doing this. It’s extremely dangerous. It does look really cool though, I was looking to do it to a slab and fill the lightning bolts with different colored epoxies. But once I found out you can die, it changed my mind about it. If you do it, post pictures and let us know how it works! On a side note, welcome from NY!

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
WELCOME! From Michigan. :welcome2:
They call the process lichtenberg burning. It is crazy dangerous! You will only make one mistake, no do over, just dead. But if you do proceed with it do not cut corners anywhere and make sure you build the unit with the utmost safety in mind. Do not touch the probes or cables once the power is on.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Kim, Welcome from South Texas!

@Don Ratcliff is our expert on this. He's a Stoopid Islander but he does great work. Tony

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
I have tried it a few times but retired my gear. I looked at it and thought "would my wife rather have this or me?" While I didn't ask her (mostly because I was afraid of the answer) I decided for her she wanted me more.

There are many things you can do that will produce cool stuff in a shop that have far less potential for death.

20161013_160822.jpg

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
One of my magistrates here does it. He's made some neat looking things but it's not worth it to me to take the chance. If I want something done, I'll just take it to him.

Reaction score
First name
Kim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all.. I am a total klutz. So after reading more on line. I think I will let others do it. I will admire from afar. I do. Pyrography and other small projects as I have a small garage to work in. So will keep my self busy with that.

Gardnaaa

Reaction score
First name
Zack
Thank you all.. I am a total klutz. So after reading more on line. I think I will let others do it. I will admire from afar. I do. Pyrography and other small projects as I have a small garage to work in. So will keep my self busy with that.
Post pictures!

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
I have tried it a few times but retired my gear. I looked at it and thought "would my wife rather have this or me?" While I didn't ask her (mostly because I was afraid of the answer) I decided for her she wanted me more.

There are many things you can do that will produce cool stuff in a shop that have far less potential for death.

View attachment 177355
would that be made with the transformers i sent you?

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
We have a saying here, without pictures I didn't happen.

:nopics:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Hello Neumann,

So you have some trees, A? Try pyrographics. Draw the design and burn it in. Some artisans mimic very well.