Hello from Texas

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Hey Dad, bro, buddy one more thing! I don't see any dust control in there and it looks clean...HUH??

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome from California! You have a seriously nice shop! That's what I want! Sure like the projects you posted! Chuck

David Hill

I collect & use Texas woods---but prefer Mesquite.
Reaction score
Cuero, Texas--Not far from the Third Coast
First name
David
Welcome neighbor!
I can say that—- I’m in Cuero.
We may have to meet up sometime. I do more turning than anything, after having started with intention of doing flatwork, furniture, or refurbing antiques. Have you met Jess H? Also lives in Victoria. Lots more to talk about—eventually.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
No problem with the picture downloading to the site. I actually prefer to do it like that since on a lot of sites I have to use the third party thing. I help moderate a gun forum and we can go direct to the site there as well. It's so much easier.

Alan

Howdy Alan, welcome to the club....

I'm the admin on a few gun sites too. Ever hear of mossbergowners.com? Which one are you on?

Alan R McDaniel Jr

Reaction score
First name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome neighbor!
I can say that—- I’m in Cuero.
We may have to meet up sometime. I do more turning than anything, after having started with intention of doing flatwork, furniture, or refurbing antiques. Have you met Jess H? Also lives in Victoria. Lots more to talk about—eventually.
We lived in Goliad for 24 years. #1 wife was Elementary Principal and I was High School Asst. Principal. We both retired 6 and 5 years ago respectively and we finally found the home we wanted to live in from now on. I built my shop and planted our garden. I'm never at a loss or lack of things to do. I was pushing 270# last year at this time and the work and walking of this past year has gotten me down to 205#. I've got so many things I want to do I can't decide which ones to do first. There's 10-15 projects started that I'll try to get wrapped up before anything else.

Alan

David Hill

Reaction score
First name
David
We lived in Goliad for 24 years. #1 wife was Elementary Principal and I was High School Asst. Principal. We both retired 6 and 5 years ago respectively and we finally found the home we wanted to live in from now on. I built my shop and planted our garden. I'm never at a loss or lack of things to do. I was pushing 270# last year at this time and the work and walking of this past year has gotten me down to 205#. I've got so many things I want to do I can't decide which ones to do first. There's 10-15 projects started that I'll try to get wrapped up before anything else.

Alan
Goliad? Hmmm then you have to know my “twin” brother David Hill. (From another mother)—we have fun with that. He says I was the smart brother.

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry

Alan
Welcome Alan, to the world of retirement and also a belated welcome from this Woodbarter member. I sort of retired in 2011, and just don't have much free time anymore. Still having most of your tools from having a cabinet/woodworking shop really does put a damper on leasure time. Since May, I've worked a steady 4-6 hours per day and have only turned about 3-4 hours a week. Not enough time......... Jerry (in Tucson)

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Welcome from a transplant from Seguin. Dad, started an office in Victoria for awhile. Don't think it made any money - probably only there because it was much closer to Port O'connor and the fishing than Seguin was. He'll never admit to that though. Long story short, we went through Vicotria a bunch of times on the way to fishing. We split fishing between Corpus and Port O'Connor. Man thems was good times!1

David Hill

Reaction score
First name
David
Yes, I worked and fished with Dave. We also had a common arch nemesis for a while.

Alan
Hmmm .... wonder who that was..
if it was football—I was the Doc on the sidelines at the games.
You may have known my partner- Mark Heard— he maintained his Goliad practice for a long time. He’s retired now.

Alan R McDaniel Jr

Reaction score
First name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dr. Heard has patched me up a couple of times and sent me on my way. I saw Claire Zengerle most of the time. Great country doctors. No nonsense. Good that he retired. He certainly earned it. I go to Laura Brown now. She's a good one too.

I can't say I recall the Goliad vs. Cuero football games with fondness. I was always glad when they were over and I didn't have to accompany anyone to the hospital.

Alan