• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Hello from the beautiful Hill Country of Texas, Comfort TX

bohai

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Bought my first wood since Covid hit and boy was I in for sticker shock. Someone recommended I join this group as their may be some fellow Texans close by for buying/selling wood/

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Tim, Welcome from San Antonio! There are a few of us local to you. You can also join our woodturning club, we meet in Kerrville. A good place to grab wood also! Tony

woodman6415

Reaction score
First name
wendell
Welcome !!! Fellow wood worker over here in Pipe Creek . Tx … lived in Comfort about 9 years ago for about a year will we were transitioning over here … nice small town ..
What kind of woodworking do you do ?

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Welcome from Virginia. Yea, there's plenty of Texans here :redcard: So what's one more. Ha. Enjoy the site

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Welcome from NY. Did you buy from a big box store or a lumber yard? Either way, yeah prices are through the roof, but coming back down slowly.

ironman123

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Another :texas: welcome. Hill Country is beautiful alright. What type wood working do you do?

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Texan in my heart , but body a long way away. Welcome from middle TN! Dad's family from Bandera and Hondo. New neighbor wife is from Comfort. Been fun catching up with people from Comfort. Bought and sold a lot of antiques between a shop that used to be there!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy, welcome to the club....