Hello there c:!

farfelu

Reaction score
First name
Francis
I am very new to woodworking but find myself hooked. I have been woodcarving for 3 months, I am still trying to slowly accumulate tools and am mainly working within a free to use shop within my campus. So far I have carved out a few spoons/knives from construction wood scraps and made a kuksa from some small wood blanks I bought.

Pretty much, I am going to be lurking on this site for some tips and of course tools/wood.
Really excited to see what things I can learn

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Welcome from Colorado!

We all like pictures here - do you have any of your work so far that you could share?

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome from the Northstate! You've come to the right place for wood and advice. Jump right in with questions. Chuck

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Francis, Welcome from South Texas! Tony

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Welcome from southeastern Massachusetts. Glad you joined here. We all get to learn from each other. Enjoy the ride

farfelu

Reaction score
First name
Francis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome from Colorado!

We all like pictures here - do you have any of your work so far that you could share?

Thanks for all the welcomes!
As for pictures, I can show what I am currently working on since my other projects at the shop.

The kuksa I am trying to get the inside of the bowl more smooth + will be adding a bit more detail to the cup. It is made of maple + purpleheart.

And the spoon I will be carving into a snake, just deciding on what kind of snake I would like. It is made from a nectarine tree branch.

Currently, switch between using hand tools and a dremel, but don't use the dremel often since most of the bits need to be replaced due to them also being used for metal by others who use the shop.

KIMG1215[1].JPG

KIMG1216[1].JPG

KIMG1218[1].JPG

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Francis, welcome to the club....