Help with CA finish

The100road

Reaction score
First name
Stan
I'm still learning and am going to try the coffee filters and foam.

But two things that Rocky taught me that I'm 100% going to stick with is wet sanding with boiled linseed oil & polishing with novus. Both of those have much improved my end result.

Last edited:

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Not a whole lot, but I have learned one or two things cussing at CA! Most of it while trying to fling the smoking paper towel of the end of my finger! :redcard:

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Wear a glove with leather finger tips...the glue doesn't srick..it probably helps that I have many layers of oil caked on there first from oil sanding.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Tried the nitrile gloves, that was a waste; paper towel simply stuck to the glove, pulled the tip of the finger off!

Having learned things cussing CA... If you rub a little salad bowl finish into your applicating finger tips, before applying CA, the towel don't stick to your fingertips to bad either. BLO does not work in that respect; it just sticks worse.

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
I'm talking military grade leather...I useAF pilot glove...perk from a previous venture and I have done things to those gloves that should have rendered them useless but they keep on kicking and no glue on my finger and the wife is happy because the neighbors will hear me cuss less :cowboy:

Last edited: