Help with Delta

Timothy C.

Reaction score
First name
Timothy
My delta scroll saw(40-694) is knocking like crazy on high speeds. I have replaced all the bearings, adjusted the tension rod... it still knocks any help would be appreciated.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
My delta scroll saw(40-694) is knocking like crazy on high speeds. I have replaced all the bearings, adjusted the tension rod... it still knocks any help would be appreciated.
motor bearings and machine bearings...do you have a bent shaft?

Timothy C.

Reaction score
First name
Timothy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
motor bearings and machine bearings...do you have a bent shaft?
I am not sure about the shaft... it sounds like upper arm is hitting the tension rod, but I can’t be for sure. Any signs or something I can look for to tell?

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
I am not sure about the shaft... it sounds like upper arm is hitting the tension rod, but I can’t be for sure. Any signs or something I can look for to tell?
Now days with some of the phones, you can video it in action and play it in slow mode and see if it is knocking. As for motor shaft, if you have a spare motor, jump a belt to it. If knock goes away, motor issue, if not, motor likely good.

pvwoodcrafts

Reaction score
First name
Mike
No we never had Deltas.Only Dewalts , Hegner ,Hawk, Jet , excaliber and Seyco. Not sure how the Delta is set up. If its like the excalibers the motor cam is probably needing replaced.

Last edited: