Hey everyone...I'm James.

Howmuchwood

Reaction score
First name
James
Hello there I'm James. I have been doing woodworking for about 5 years, just for fun when I have time. However I have enjoyed building almost anything since I was about 6 years old. I live in Sacramento CA with my wife and 2 daughters. My wife also enjoys woodworking and is getting into building wooden slot boxes....she has come a long way and has now learned a lot and has made many beautiful boxes. As for me.....I enjoy making any kind of wood boxes(puzzle boxes, art boxes of any sort), wooden rings, cutting boards, wood burning signs, and also many random items made of wood that just come to my mind. For example I am about halfway done with a wooden crossbow, I have made 2 loft beds(one of which came out nicely), guitar stands for my guitars, bookshelves, phone charging docks, keychains, laundry hampers, lamps ect. Many things in our home that we often use are made of wood and by either my wife, myself or both of us. I also make knives and enjoy finding different wood for the scales(handles). Along with that I love finding wood that I haven't worked with yet. My current feat is trying a live edge river or waterfall table of some sort. My knowledge and is skill level is average/intermediate, I do ok with my hands but definitely not a pro. I am always looking to gain more knowledge and advance my skills.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome from the Northstate! Ready to see those pics! What species of wood do you enjoy working with? Chuck

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
James, Welcome from South Texas! I'm interested to see the crossbow, mighty interesting! Tony

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
WELCOME! From Michigan. :welcome2:
Great introduction! I feel like I already know you:cool: we love pics here so dont be bashful. You can upload pics from your PC or your cell phone. I pretty much just use my cell phone now as my Camara quit on me and my phone take fairly decent pics. Just click on upload a file and upload from your gallery or?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy James, welcome to the club....

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Welcome from north Georgia! As others have said, look forward to pics of your and your wife’s various projects!
I’m especially interested in your puzzle boxes. I did one years ago for a gift to my wife...it drove her nuts trying to get it open,

Last edited:

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
Hello there I'm James. I have been doing woodworking for about 5 years, just for fun when I have time. However I have enjoyed building almost anything since I was about 6 years old. I live in Sacramento CA with my wife and 2 daughters. My wife also enjoys woodworking and is getting into building wooden slot boxes....she has come a long way and has now learned a lot and has made many beautiful boxes. As for me.....I enjoy making any kind of wood boxes(puzzle boxes, art boxes of any sort), wooden rings, cutting boards, wood burning signs, and also many random items made of wood that just come to my mind. For example I am about halfway done with a wooden crossbow, I have made 2 loft beds(one of which came out nicely), guitar stands for my guitars, bookshelves, phone charging docks, keychains, laundry hampers, lamps ect. Many things in our home that we often use are made of wood and by either my wife, myself or both of us. I also make knives and enjoy finding different wood for the scales(handles). Along with that I love finding wood that I haven't worked with yet. My current feat is trying a live edge river or waterfall table of some sort. My knowledge and is skill level is average/intermediate, I do ok with my hands but definitely not a pro. I am always looking to gain more knowledge and advance my skills.
Welcome!!

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Welcome from NY