Hi! My name is Daryl, and I'm from Northern New Hampshire.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Hey, Daryl, welcome to the forum. You've definitely come to the right place.

Pics. We must have pics. Rule here is, no pics it doesn't exist. SO ... up to now you haven't actually done any woodworking, have you? :lol2:

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Welcome from Tucson, Arizona, Daryl. You'd better pay heed to Paul's suggestion on posting pictures. He can be downright mean if he can't see what you're talking about....... Jerry (in Tucson)

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Daryl, welcome to the club....

Daryl Brown

Reaction score
First name
Daryl
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey, Daryl, welcome to the forum. You've definitely come to the right place.

Pics. We must have pics. Rule here is, no pics it doesn't exist. SO ... up to now you haven't actually done any woodworking, have you? :lol2:
I have turned a couple of bowls, a small platter, and have a class later today. I just came in from a walk in the woods that turned up a beautiful piece of birch and maple that may have some ambrosia activity going on. Both had fallen during bad wind storms last year, and may be seasoned enough to use. My mentor will decide and show me how to tell, I'm sure. I fixed the 'pic' thing for you and hope I don't get thrown out for it! LOL

Daryl Brown

Reaction score
First name
Daryl
Welcome from Colorado. Enjoy, you will find a lot of inspiration around here
Thank you so much! I am amazed at the postings I've read, and can't wait to get involved with some of the threads once I have a better understanding of what I'm doing and why. Right now I'm just learning the moves and doing as I'm told. My artistic ability will sneak in once I have total understanding of the lathe I'm using.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Welcome! If you’ve got woods to walk in, you’ve got an endless supply of turning timber at your disposal... congrats!

Daryl Brown

Reaction score
First name
Daryl
Welcome! If you’ve got woods to walk in, you’ve got an endless supply of turning timber at your disposal... congrats!
I do! Took a walk today, and found several trees that will need to be thinned from the woodlot next spring.

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Hey Neighbor, welcome from Taunton, Massachusetts. If you like working wood you're gonna love it here. Hope you enjoy the site

Daryl Brown

Reaction score
First name
Daryl
Hey Neighbor, welcome from Taunton, Massachusetts. If you like working wood you're gonna love it here. Hope you enjoy the site
Thank you so much! I moved here 20 years ago after spending most of my years between Marlborough and Wayland MA - this was an amazingly good move that has afforded me to learn to love the outdoors instead of being stuffed in a cubicle. The mountains and forests are incredible.