• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Hickory Shallow bowl

Albert Kiebert

Reaction score
First name
Albert
This is a nice piece from Hickory that I split in 2 and kept one side. Mike Hill got the other half as sown in photo of blank in the ruff. Very neat piece, you can see the 2 branches quite clearly in the upper quadrants. Foot on bottom is just a little raised slightly curved area with a slight dimple for effect.

P.S. Just realized I have to go back and re-label platter !!

11 inches by 1.5 inches, wipe on Poly for finish

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Man thats a great piece! So much to look at in that one. :good2:

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Is it hickory or maple? The post says hickory, but bottom of bowl says maple. Georgeous either way.

Albert Kiebert

Reaction score
First name
Albert
Is it hickory or maple? The post says hickory, but bottom of bowl says maple. Georgeous either way.
Hickory,
I noticed my mistake right after posting and added “P.S. Just realized I have to go back and re-label platter !!” to the post before you read it 🤔😃

Last edited:

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Hickory,
I noticed my mistake right after posting and added “P.S. Just realized I have to go back and re-label platter !!” to the post before you read it 🤔😃
I would have guessed the wood was Maple. Interesting to see hickory can spalt so nicely.