His Legacy

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
Kevin has achieved something that so few people ever do in their life. he made his living doing what he loved on his terms. he collected friends around the world who he laughed with daily, and he created a way to be remembered for generations. he was married to his best friend and had been since high school. while I am sad he is gone I will continue to admire the man, what he accomplished and how he lived.

This forum could have been a golden goose for him, he could have easily sold add space and had all the tools he ever dreamed of having. he never did that because this was his home, we were all part of his family and he wanted all of us to feel safe here. the sacrifice he made has touched us all in ways we may not have understood completely until yesterday.

To @Kevin you are missed and are loved. I am proud that I call you my friend and I am glad to have thanked you often for becoming my friend.

To Woodbarter, please remember his legacy and keep his soul in tact that is this site
I know the auction just finished but I would like to suggest each year we have the Kevin Memorial auction and the funds raised will be used to support the site so it may be preserved in the way he wanted it to be.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
I find myself in the odd position of agreeing with a crazy Hawaiian...

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
And that is a great post Don. Very well said....

robert flynt

Reaction score
First name
Robert
Kevin has achieved something that so few people ever do in their life. he made his living doing what he loved on his terms. he collected friends around the world who he laughed with daily, and he created a way to be remembered for generations. he was married to his best friend and had been since high school. while I am sad he is gone I will continue to admire the man, what he accomplished and how he lived.

This forum could have been a golden goose for him, he could have easily sold add space and had all the tools he ever dreamed of having. he never did that because this was his home, we were all part of his family and he wanted all of us to feel safe here. the sacrifice he made has touched us all in ways we may not have understood completely until yesterday.

To @Kevin you are missed and are loved. I am proud that I call you my friend and I am glad to have thanked you often for becoming my friend.

To Woodbarter, please remember his legacy and keep his soul in tact that is this site
I know the auction just finished but I would like to suggest each year we have the Kevin Memorial auction and the funds raised will be used to support the site so it may be preserved in the way he wanted it to be.
Very well said!!!!!

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
A yearly auction in his honor would be awesome in my eyes!

Kevin tried his dammnest to keep this place add free and for the people who are willing to help other Wood workers and not themselves as a commercial seller.

To honor that in his passing would be amazing... Lets keep Woodbarter how it was originally intended! A place for woodworkers!