ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I had an idea the other day. My grandson and I need some exercise. There's a pond we go to every weekend to fish, and I usually drive the 1/4 mile down to it, and I thought we could start walking down there instead of driving. He can use his bike, and I would carry everything we use. I gathered up what we normally use and it was more than I thought we use. So I was thinking of making a cart to tow behind the bike, but realised that would limit us. There's not alot of places to ride to around here. So I thought I'd buy a cart online. but the only ones I saw were not what I needed or were tow kinds. and most of what I saw the carts they use for ocean fishing with the huge fat sand proof wheels, so those wouldn't work. So I started thinking (scary!) I could make my own.
But what would I use?
I have an old trike from when I used to work in a warehouse, I could modify it. nope. too big, and no access to a welder. Then I saw these people walking out front of my house with those jogger strollers.
bam!
I could get one of those and modify that!
So I looked online for some cheap ones. pshaw....cheap? those things are stupid priced....
aha! I'll find one used on craigslist.
nope still too much money....
friends with an old one?
nope...
then I remembered about this facebook page that gives away stuff for free. So I posted up a want ad.
bam!
ten minutes later this guy in the next town had an old un used one!
FREE!
WOOOO
So I went and got it. Spent a few hours looking around my garage for stuff to use on it.
here's what I came up with....

0517201343_HDR.jpg

0521201905_HDR.jpg

0521201905a_HDR.jpg

0521201928_HDR.jpg

0521201928a_HDR.jpg

Not bad eh? I still need to tweak it as I go. I need to get some pvc tube for rod holders. The ones I have don't fit 2 of my rods. the handles are too fat. I need find/make a different box to hold the tackle boxes. and lunch box better.
But it fits most everything I need.

Questions and criticism welcome...
let me have it!

Last edited:

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
Looks great!

Lots of people use those on the trap, skeet, and especially sporting clay courses as well to haul guns, shells, etc. around.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Great job Marc! As long as it fits your needs it's perfect!

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
That's awesome. I could have used one of those when I lived in cali as a kid for pier fishing. I used to strap everything on my bike. But that is a great idea and just cool.:cool: well executed.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bunch of lil fishies today....

0522201720_HDR.jpg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Nice! Looks like you two need to make him some bobbers on the lathe now!
I have seen your floats before, and they are really nice! What kind of wood do you use on yours?
Have you ever done a tutorial on them here before?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice! Looks like you two need to make him some bobbers on the lathe now!
I have seen your floats before, and they are really nice! What kind of wood do you use on yours?
Have you ever done a tutorial on them here before?

I do need to make some. I think I have Cody's post on making em saved somewhere. I have to look. I know I had commented in the topic. So it should be easy to find.

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
I do need to make some. I think I have Cody's post on making em saved somewhere. I have to look. I know I had commented in the topic. So it should be easy to find.

I just made it even easier for ya! Now no excuses... lol!