Honduran rosewood burl. ♫ εηdεd ♫

d_hunter12

Reaction score
First name
Dustin
I'm in the market for some primo HRB blanks. 1 1/8 square by 4 long. Let me know what you have and price per blank please. Thanks

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Don't have any HRB, but I got a pile of in-laws up there in your neck of the woods!! Wife's got 3 sisters up there in the Ripley/Dumas area.

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
I absolutely love it up there!! Last year was the first in about 5 years that I didn't get up there to deer hunt. Brother-in-law has a couple hundred acres in the hills along Hatchey Bottom, outside of Dumas, and the sister-in-law runs everyone off when I come up to hunt.

@steve bellinger is just a little north of you across the state line, and I believe has relatives there in Corinth as well.

d_hunter12

Reaction score
First name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I live in Kossuth. I'm probably 5 miles from the Hatchie River the way a crow flies

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
You have got to be kiddin me!! You're a whole 13.4 miles from the brother and sister-in-law's place in Kossuth, according to Google. He lives down on the south end of 545 just a mile or two north of 4. I've been through Kossuth a bunch of times! Was running back and forth from Florida to North Dakota seasonally, used to swing by the in-laws and spend the night. Bounce up 545/561 aka Union Church Road to 2 and run over to Corinth and hop 45 north from there.

Been going up for Thanksgiving for the last 4 - 5 years, have a buddy up in Jackson, MO, we spend the week at the in-laws, run up to Jackson the day after Thanksgiving, spend a couple days with them, then swing back, spend the night, load the mother-in-law up and come home on Monday. Drove right past you every trip!

Didn't make it last year, mother-in-law fell and fractured her pelvis, banged her knee up in the process, and she wasn't up to the trip. But I'll definitely look you up, next time we get up there!! Already told Steve I'm coming to visit him too.

d_hunter12

Reaction score
First name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm on 546. It's a side road of 500 which is Hightown road. It runs north and south from hwy 2 to hwy 4, just like 545. Hightown road is east from 545

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Yeah, you're basically right across the creek from them. Definitely have to get together when I get back up there.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Don't have any HRB, but I got a pile of in-laws up there in your neck of the woods!! Wife's got 3 sisters up there in the Ripley/Dumas area.
Yeah, but you have to be careful about that. Relatives tend to get really pissed off if you try to put them on a lathe and turn them down, no matter how much you may think they deserve it.

Last edited: