Hophornbeam

I Make Wood Cubes

Reaction score
First name
Kian
I am looking for some small pieces of hophornbeam (Ostrya virginiana) wood so I can make a sample for my collection. I make my samples into 1” cubes. If anyone has some pieces lying around that they would be willing to sell please let me know

rob3232

Reaction score
First name
Rob
This is a piece cut in Wisconsin. 1 x 1 1/2 x 6. Not sure if it is what you are looking for? FCA2D84D-AF1E-4A5B-AD5A-86B138110776.jpeg 438D26F6-F22F-4B70-8586-45D60A994E0D.jpeg D5AF74BC-6F3A-42C2-A5E8-A194592F8861.jpeg

thanks Rob

I Make Wood Cubes

Reaction score
First name
Kian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a piece cut in Wisconsin. 1 x 1 1/2 x 6. Not sure if it is what you are looking for?View attachment 199894View attachment 199895View attachment 199896

thanks Rob
This is a piece cut in Wisconsin. 1 x 1 1/2 x 6. Not sure if it is what you are looking for?View attachment 199894View attachment 199895View attachment 199896

thanks Rob
That should be good, but if you have anything a bit over 1” thickness that would be even better

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
My father-in-law has 2 cords of it as firewood stored in his barn if you need bigger stuff.

rob3232

Reaction score
First name
Rob
Looks like Mark @Mr. Peet might be better to help you out. The piece I have is right at an inch.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
I'll see if I can slice something off for ya without having to chop the burl up.

If not, no big deal.

Been waiting a decade for a family friend upstate to show me his hoard. He has gobs of them at his house, but can't part with any because of the decorative accent.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Firewood is alright with me. I don’t need it at any particular time

So we finally had a weekend without snow and were able to get up to see family. Pop has 2 horse stalls full of wood, one is basically all Hop-hornbeam. I forgot how small he splits wood, so the second from the left is like 3"x3", with straight grain (might have figure), the other have flame or curl. Picture 2 was to show interlocked grain. I can cut these to fit in a USPS medium flat-rate and send them off with a few other species ends. Please e-mail me an updated list of your collection so I can see if I can add to it.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

I Make Wood Cubes

Reaction score
First name
Kian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I received the shipment of hophornbeam wood along with some extras for my collection. I am very satisfied with this and I will gladly cover the shipping cost for you. Is it okay if I do it through PayPal?

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
I received the shipment of hophornbeam wood along with some extras for my collection. I am very satisfied with this and I will gladly cover the shipping cost for you. Is it okay if I do it through PayPal?

Kian,

I don't have Paypal, but do owe Paul some money. Can you send it to him? He has an account and is tagged. Remember to add a smidge over shipping to cover Paypal charges. Thank you.

@phinds