Houston Trip

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Looks like it is set in stone. Barring something major we will be in Houston Friday Sept. 27-sunday 29 leaving Monday 30 th in morning. Put this here because probably breaking rules but if someone wants something and will meet probably on Sat. I will be in truck. But It has to be empty on Sunday. . I can put pics here. nothing over 6'7". Looking forward to trip. Never been in Texas and Kathie has not been to New orleans so 2 birds on one trip. Dan lives in a house he had built close to downtown Houston. will pinpoint location better at later date.
:hi::texas::old::saw::popcorn:

JR Parks

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Mike,
I will be in touch with Tony and hopefully asking for maple and curly walnut. Wishes to follow. Do you know your route yet? Jim @Tony

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike,
I will be in touch with Tony and hopefully asking for maple and curly walnut. Wishes to follow. Do you know your route yet? Jim @Tony
my guess is it will be the shortest to get there. Trip Home is Vague at best. we both had demanding jobs that required discipline and planning. first day we have dinner with daughter and end up In Billings Mt. Friday we see Dan in Houston and will have reservations in N.O. for 2 days- beyond that- absolutely no plans...... nor discipline.....

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I can't see how your breaking any rules, any transactions will be in person so WB rules don't apply. I look forward to seeing you, @JR Parks, we will talk in Waco next week about it I'm sure. I think :old: @woodman6415 will be coming with me.

JR Parks

Reaction score
First name
Jim
I had them but I was going to cut them and he was going to use them whole to make a table. You always yield to the bigger project-until he next time!!

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
@Mike1950 let me know your route. Would really like to meetup with you
I went back and looked- across Kansas on 70 to Salina and south on 135 to Houston. Look forward to all the open country. the big city-ehh not so much :old: is allergic :scare3: to big cities....

Last edited:

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Danged. I'll probably be in "T" the next week. Oh well that's my lot in life - A day late and a dollar short - or something like that.

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
I went back and looked- across Kansas on 70 to Salina and south on 135 to Houston. Look forward to all the open country. the big city-ehh not so much :old: is allergic :scare3: to big cities....

Are you coming down I-25 to get to I-70? That is, are you coming through Denver? If so maybe we could just meet for a cup of coffee or something on your way through just to say "Hi!"

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
There are many stops I would like to make. but driving about 4500 miles in 2 weeks -with a couple days not driving means stops have to be limited. Goal is to see our sons house and New Orleans. Pick up a little wood -visit somebody in Miss. and Ar. So Please if somebody gets skipped- do not write anything into it. we have to be back -Grandkid duty- Our true labor of love.

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
There are many stops I would like to make. but driving about 4500 miles in 2 weeks -with a couple days not driving means stops have to be limited. Goal is to see our sons house and New Orleans. Pick up a little wood -visit somebody in Miss. and Ar. So Please if somebody gets skipped- do not write anything into it. we have to be back -Grandkid duty- Our true labor of love.

No worries, just know that if you're coming down I-25 we're about 2 miles east of the highway off of 144th just north of Denver and if you need to take a potty break our house is open. When you drive by the big Amazon warehouse just give a wave in our direction :)