How To Embed A Video

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Embedding videos is very simple compared with the old software. This pictorial should explain it fairly quickly. Below you will see a string of code highlighted in the address bar. Everything to the left of the ampersand (the "&" character) is highlighted and copied to the clipboard (just depress your "Ctrl" key and while holding that down also then depress your "C" key). You DO NOT need anything to right of and including, the ampersand.

embed3.jpg

embed4.jpg

Once you have pasted the url into your text window and clicked Submit - your video automatically embeds. That's it. It really couldn't be simpler.

Last edited:

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Thanks for posting this Kevin, up till now my attempts have been hit or miss.......

Mike Mills

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Edit:
The above works fine I am sure.
This is for the "keyboard shortcut challenged" such as myself. I just find mouse clicks easier than remembering when Ctrl C is copy and when Ctrl V is copy.

I am using Win 7 and IE 11.
In WB select the More Options from the "Post Reply, Upload a File, More Options" buttons.
Open a new tab in IE11 and go directly to youtube.
At youtube (and at your selection) right click the URL and you will get a dropdown, select copy.
Youtube Mamas.jpg
In mine the URL turns blue.

Go back to the WB tab and select Media.
Media.jpg

When you click Media you will get this popup.

Embed.png
Right click in the "Enter media URL" and select Paste; then click Embed
Done. Add text above or below as you wish.

Last edited:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nothing wrong with that Mike, it's just extra steps. Doing it as I described is simply a matter of pasting the code into the message - that's it. No need to look for the media box, then open, then paste, then submit - nothing to fuss with all that. Just one simple step after you copy the code in YT is all you need and that is Ctrl+V.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Yep! I posted this one 'cause you said I couldn't post any David Cassidy. Enjoy:sarcastic: