How to price wood blanks for Allthorn

BandR

Reaction score
First name
Ruby
So I think I have some good quality blanks of Allthorn (Koberlinia Spinosa) ready to go. I cannot find any Allthorn wood for sale on any site. It is very similar to Desert Ironwood in grain, color, density, heaviness,- is it appropriate for me to price it like Desert Ironwood? Here's some pics of Allthorn. 20190102_204158.jpg

20190102_205023.jpg

20190104_064938.jpg

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
I would say to post them up with the prices you are hoping for. Only way to find out.

Personally, I'll buy.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Ruby,

I'm looking for some samples for my reference collection. My samples finish at 3" wide by 6" long and 1/2" thick. I like having both sapwood and heartwood in a sample. I also like having a 1/4 sawn sample as well as a flatsawn sample. As for price, I can get Desert Ironwood for $5 a sample, however you do as you see fit.

MRP

BandR

Reaction score
First name
Ruby
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ruby,

I'm looking for some samples for my reference collection. My samples finish at 3" wide by 6" long and 1/2" thick. I like having both sapwood and heartwood in a sample. I also like having a 1/4 sawn sample as well as a flatsawn sample. As for price, I can get Desert Ironwood for $5 a sample, however you do as you see fit.

MRP
I am working on your request.

TheWoodWizard

Reaction score
First name
Jarred
Ruby,

MRP
I wouldn’t mind seein your sample collection! Sorry, had to edit original comment. I think I place my phone in my pocket before finishing the comment, in my pocket finish the comment for me

Last edited:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
I edited the original comment for you Mr. Peet. Haha sorry about that
Well, I don't have a phone for video so at this point, stopping in is the only option. However, you can see a few hundred samples I have collected that made it onto Paul's Hobbithouse wood web-site, and many that I had purchased outright.