How's your day been?

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I ain't got nothin just wondering how everyone is doing. I'm finishing up out in the shop listening to some spanish geetar while I wind things up. The weather is great. No wind at all. Something very rare for our little hilltop. I prefer about a 5 knot breeze but sometimes still is kind of cool.

It's a lovely evening here in Texas. We have some meat on the spit and the smoke from it is wafting so slowly down into the creek it looks like something from a medieval time warp.

Our domestic critters are all snuggled into their respective hides with fat bellies and the best thing of all . . . no sounds from the city. After all we don't live near one thankfully. No offense to those who like that lifestyle I did at one time.

Just figured I'd give a sitrep and ask y'all how everything is on y'alls end.

:hi: :drinks:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Not quite as out in the country as you but live in a very rural neighborhood, quiet but not far from services. Done the counrty livin when I was younger-built a earthed bermed passive solar house in the early 80's on 25 acres- circumstances made me move . No regrets. Have a damned cold so I am miserable and have no energy. 60 here today-maybe we will finaly get spring. Saw a map today that indicated that washington had the glory of being the only lower 48 to have below av. temps in march- Ya know for some reason I guess I am supposed to be happy about being unique but I just can't go there. :dash2::dash2::dash2::hang1::hang1::dash2::dash2::dash2:

Dane Fuller

Reaction score
First name
Dane
My day has been pretty eventful. I'm trying to get all the little league uniforms out the door. It's a logistical nightmare and I've got no help here in the shop during the day. My wife comes in after she gets through wrangling probation officers that are wrangling probationers. I've got stacks of orders for frames and triple stacks of orders for caps. I guess I could have just said I was snowed under. It's a good thing but I sure could use a few days at the lathe to easy my mind.

Storms are popping all around us. Some of them have reached severe levels. I'm headed to the house to finish watching the Rangers game.

Sorry for the rambling. It's what happens to my brain after a 14 hour day....:dash2::dash2::wacko1::wacko1:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Roy, sounds like you got some really serious but kickin comin in your future if you don't listen to the doc's...............:good2:

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Today was fantastic! I worked all weekend, so I had today off. Spent the morning and the afternoon at the lathe with a nice little chunk of manzanita burl from rockb. Beautiful weather and the kids were at school. Back to the grind tomorrow, but today was a keeper!

cabomhn

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Today was just a typical day at school. Went to all my classes, did some homework, ate, did some more homework, nothing exciting at all here! The highlight of this day is the pizza I'm about to order with my suite, and the homework I'm getting ready to finally be done with!

Glad to hear most of you guys are having more eventful days than I am!

cabomhn

Reaction score
First name
Matt
bigcouger said:
cabomhn said:
Today was just a typical day at school. Went to all my classes, did some homework, ate, did some more homework, nothing exciting at all here! The highlight of this day is the pizza I'm about to order with my suite, and the homework I'm getting ready to finally be done with!

Glad to hear most of you guys are having more eventful days than I am!

:morning2: Injoy it while you can Matt an have fun in the wood shop when the home work is done :i_dunno::morning1:

I enjoy it all the time! I love going to the woodshop, even it it means staying up till 4 am finishing homework. I'm young, I don't really NEED sleep. :i_dunno:

I am going to have some separation anxiety over the summer though. I don't really have many tools at home to do anything with, and any money I make over the summer will be going towards my next years school so with my RA job and my military student loan I won't have to borrow anything from my parents. So it'll be a bittersweet departure from woodworking for a bit, but I'm just hoping that as my course work picks up throughout the years that I'll still be able to find some time in the woodshop. :morning1:

chippin-in

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Robert
Been sick since thursday. Coughing so much my head, chest, stomach and back hurt. Missed celebrating Easter with the family in the country. Now we have to pack up the first floor cuz we are finally gettin our floors redone :mad:...dont ask!!! So we gotta move out for a week. My fence was supposed to be done friday, but got put off til wednesday. Other than that im doin fantastic.

CodyS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
f'ing cold :negative::cray: a strong southerly ALL DAY I think the average wind speed was like 50km with a top temp of 15 deg. C.

On the upside I got the epoxy finish on the vanity today and it looks kick ass, I will get some pics when I can get it in better light, the pics look terrible right now.

I also haven't seen my bristle nose catfish in a while which hopefully means he is brooding over some more eggs :cool:.

I need to lift the other tank back off its stand to grind down the stand before I can fill it... I may be procrastinating cause I don't want to break it :shout: :sarcastic:.

What else can I say... oh yeah I'm on school holidays :greeting::yipee::yipee::cool::biggrin::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

Brink

There's nothing to see here
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Brink
Yesterday was a great day.

Left home and drove straight to JFK, almost no traffic, breezed thru security, had a couple cold ones with the wife/gf.

[attachment=4068]

Leaving NY.

Plane left on time, no hassles, few clouds.

[attachment=4069]

First time I saw the Rockies.

Got to LA a little early, JR picked us up and we went to his apt. two blocks from the ocean.

By the way, never saw the pacific before. In fact, my world traveling was a 4 day school in Kansas.

Today, drive to San Diego, see the zoo and make a few stops.

image-1576613848.jpg

image-3238569246.jpg

Dane Fuller

Reaction score
First name
Dane
Brink,
I spent a lot of years in San Diego. Make sure you take time to go to Sea World too. IMO, it's better than the zoo. There are tons of things to do in SoCal, you'll have fun.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
San Diego is gorgeous. You'll have a blast.

:greeting:

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
Had Friday off of work for Good Friday. Spent the day in the shop. Spent all day Saturday and Sunday in the shop as well. Was busy all three days but didn't seem to get much accomplished. I'm hoping to post some photos of the projects when I get them completed. Back to work yesterday and today, but considering that I enjoy my job, I'm not complaining. I was at work today, thinking that my life couldn't get any better. Got my eyes tested today and went out to buy some new glasses. My old ones are a little outdated anyway. Just loving life right now. It's been good to me.

cabomhn

Reaction score
First name
Matt
bigcouger said:
:morning2: Thought I have a easy day today but that was a good thought tho:cray: Im secualed now for a heart cath tomorrow an another Pet scan on thursday :dash2::dash2: damm docotors want want an want more. Biocipies was like a lead brick :crazy: I did succed in pissing off one doctor under 1 minute an I didnt even try :diablo:

Praying everything goes well for ya down there. Let us know how things go.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Roy hope all went well for you today.

karjoe

Reaction score
Hi, All....

Kevin, this was a really nice thread to start. Life is not _all_ about wood (but it is close) :sarcastic:

Spent the morning doing (other peoples) taxes... I volunteer for the AARP to do taxes for low income & elderly people. I know that doesn't sound like much fun, but it is actually rewarding... most of the people are sincerely grateful for the help, and I suspect more than a few can't read well enough to do their taxes themselves.

Then I went out & played a quick 18 at a local course... beautiful day, 70+, played reasonably well, had lots of fun. Then home to the wife (aka The Official Sander), who was sitting on the couch, sanding eggs (I make her an egg out of every different kind of wood I can get).

Life was good today. Now, all I need is more wood ;-)

Joe

jimmythewoodworker

Reaction score
First name
Jimmy
The day was great in the workshop.............turned out 3 peppermills from California Black Oak burl...............beautiful wood:yipee::yipee:

Outside yard and garden work not as good............cloudy, high 50s, 30 mph winds:dash2::dash2: We are having a very dry Spring and parts of NJ are burning up and the wind is causing havoc for the firefighters:negative::negative: