How's your day been?

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
Well, last Tuesday, we went to the local Dodge dealer to get a master cylinder for my wife's car.
We went to pick it up yesterday, and the box they handed it to me in was not the box it should have come in.
It had at least 2 different shipping labels taped to it, so I knew something was up immediately.

I opened it up & found a dirty, used master cylinder in a dirty, oily plastic bag inside the box.
Someone had bought a new MC, and cleaned the old one up & put it in the box & returned it so they got a free MC. Then, the dealer tried to pass it off to me, figuring I wouldn't know the difference.
I handed it back to the parts guy & said "Try again."

He showed it to the parts manager & he said he'd order another new one. I think I will ask for a 25% discount for having to go back twice because they tried to pawn off a used MC on me.
I don't know which one is worse. The lowlife that returned a used MC, or the dealer that tried to pawn it off on me.
My wife wouldn't have known the difference & I would have been livid if she brought that POS home with her, so I guess it's for the best I went with her to make sure she didn't get burned.

Since I opened the box right there at the counter in front of the guy, there was no question that it was used & we didn't bring back an old one instead. Moral of the story: Never trust anybody, especially when it comes to car parts. If I would have left before opening that box, they would have said I brought back a used one, no doubt about it.

It's pretty F'in low either way.
you should see the amazon returns that my local auction house gets. many times the a-hole has put the used/defective/broken/old one in the box and sent it back. the guy there told me they even once got a used cat litter box with fully used cat litter in it. on may occasions the item is sent back to amazon after the buyer took the parts they needed off the item and then return it like it's new. One company, i know, that deals in amazon returns out of LA, processes up to 700 semi loads a month of returns like that from amazon.

Mike Mills

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Had a good day. I think. I didn't hear any OMG's anyway.
Had to have a heart MRI and that was a royal pain. Guess it will be about a week before I hear from my doc.
On the bright side they ask what music I wanted to hear and I said 50' & 60's. I now know it takes 27 songs to have an MRI so I learned something new.

Herb G.

Reaction score
First name
Herb
No matter what it costs, it's cheaper than a new car.
Well, for anyone interested, here's the update.
We took it to a local Goodyear store & had the brakes fixed.
The rear brake lines were rusted completely out, and the hoses on all 4 wheels were shot.
My brother replaced the pads, shoes, rotors & drums last year, along with the MC a week ago or so
so we knew it wasn't any of that stuff.
It took them 6 hours to fix it, and it's got a 2 year, 24,000 mile nationwide warranty on it now.
That's a big relief for my wife for sure.
It wasn't all that bad, considering what all they did to the car.
:cool:

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Mine was great! Daughter came up for most of the day and brought my grandson. Made bbq and homemade chips. Loved having them here. My daughter and I went and picked some wineberries and blackberries for her to make smoothies.

20190713_162743.jpg

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Mine was great! Daughter came up for most of the day and brought my grandson. Made bbq and homemade chips. Loved having them here. My daughter and I went and picked some wineberries and blackberries for her to make smoothies.

View attachment 168658

Cute baby Eric, that's an awesome day!

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
Took the 8y/o to a 16th & 17th century firearm exhibit at the Natural Science Museum. The level of art and talent these guys had...... Unfortunately son was not as impressed but I hope that was mostly because it was well below 70 deg F in the danged museum and we forgot our jackets. And it was near lunch time so we went and had ginormous burgers; and a nap: at least until the dog went nuts barking at a squirrel.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Wasn't worth a damn... Trying to catch up mowing, after rebuilding tail wheel on the bush hog (cobbled together with $85 in wrong parts from implement store, ordered $85 worth of right parts), changing $90 worth of hydraulic and transmission oil plus $20 filter, (and pull pick up screen and clean it), changing motor oil and filter ($22 worth of oil, wrong oil filter on hand, screaming trip to town at 9 pm to get right one after several phone calls to find it, $22 worth of oil filters, picked up a spare), changing air filters (there's 2 of them, another $38), got most of my stuff mowed, was down mowing on the neighbor's goodies this afternoon and cut a rear tire...

Cheapest one I've found so far is $450! I'm not impressed!! About ready to put up a fence and buy a herd of goats!

Last edited:

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Well, it got better today, my daughter-in-law texted to inform me grandchild 5, the first to carry on the Thomas name, is scheduled to arrive end of January!

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Well it wasn't too bad. Took the newer officers up in the mountain looking around on the ATV's and UTV's. Got to see this beautiful thing. Decent size for around here. Messed with it for a while then left him to go about his merry way.

20190716_133126.jpg

20190716_133131.jpg

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Not too bad. Sitting here at the easternmost point in the US, Lubec, Maine. Having crab cakes and fried shrimp while looking out on the bay.

20190721_171815.jpg

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I had to bring out my redneck for this weekend. The wife bought a pool and set it up. I told her it wasn't flat enough to fill it up.
Did she listen?

0720191211a_HDR.jpg

Nope. So I parked my truck in front of the low side to keep it from spilling over. I put a piece of plywood wrapped in a blanket in between.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
And, I just moved the truck so I didn't have to in the morning....
0721191953_HDR.jpg

5000 gallons gone in less than 60 seconds....

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Not too bad. Sitting here at the easternmost point in the US, Lubec, Maine. Having crab cakes and fried shrimp while looking out on the bay.

View attachment 169016

Wow! At the very edge of 'merica!
Did you drive up there or fly?
If you drove, on the way home, I'm in Connecticut. And I have cold beer....