• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

How's your day been?

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Let me catch you up. Real estate market has slowed in some ways, in other ways, it’s still stupid crazy. But, will not turn it down. House is under contract as of 10 last night.

Our Monday was spent trying to prepare our trailer for 20 degree weather later this week. Mostly done, just one panel to cut and place around drains and handles and then cover foam board with vinyl tarps. Then we will see.

Finally, in the how’s the weather treating you, a front blew through.

Great times and blessings all around

E8465E56-6548-4FA1-80EC-55FC3EE37ACA.jpeg

B6DA18BA-B019-421D-9A0B-F9E70E6567B7.jpeg

3ADA91C9-132B-451C-8F3B-E49C7D9F4B09.jpeg

Hard to see in the pictures but we had a nice little snow flurry today

Last edited:

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Figures you would get some - got a text from a bud in Bozeman, and they got multiple inches and talked to a friend and his wife at lunch and their son is at their summer home in WY and they had inches. He is a retired General and did not question his word!!!!!

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Good to hear you're the downhill side of getting the house sold! Thought you would be getting a little cold, nephew in Cheyenne told me they are expecting a couple inches tonight.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Let me catch you up. Real estate market has slowed in some ways, in other ways, it’s still stupid crazy. But, will not turn it down. House is under contract as of 10 last night.

Our Monday was spent trying to prepare our trailer for 20 degree weather later this week. Mostly done, just one panel to cut and place around drains and handles and then cover foam board with vinyl tarps. Then we will see.

Finally, in the how’s the weather treating you, a front blew through.

Great times and blessings all around

View attachment 217314

View attachment 217315

View attachment 217316

Hard to see in the pictures but we had a nice little snow flurry today
Garry,

When I traveled with the USDA, I had a Nomad travel trailer. About week one or two of October, I would buy a truck load of square bail hay (rectangles), jack the trailer up, slide the bails under, then set it down on top the bails. I stacked around the stabilizer jacks, so it was still level when I lowered it. The temp would raise about 10-15 degrees inside in about two hours. I placed plenty of rodent candy under the trailer on short board cut offs, to elevate it to limit condensation and water exposure (heavy rain). Water, I used holding tanks right up to Thanksgiving, then went to dry camping. Solids tank, may have went longer, but not much more.

The hay was slid about 1-2 inches inset to minimize drip soaking it. The windward side, I leaned a few plywood rips to sheet off rain and snow. A tarp skirt would have worked well, just used what I had. Around the tires and axles was a bit questionable, so I took some R-board (inso.) and cut it to fit inside the wheel wells. Some folks take the tires off, but I usually was, is a place prone for flood risk. So if there was a fire, or flooding, I could hook on and hope to minimize overall risks.

Sometimes the bales were set on their side, to better contour the ground, but most were laid flat, and used hay flacks to fill voids.

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Someone mentioned bales today. That was actually my first thought, just didn’t follow up. Wife was very concerned with rodents and the use of hay or straw. I still need to spread rodent bate and also put tarps over this. But I got a long ways.

Denise saw a forecast that included snow Thursday night but I haven’t really looked. Just know temp is supposed to crash Thursday and Friday nights to about 20. Will be a test!!!!

I do have a ceramic heater near the tank collection box on low.

BE2F0E3F-2A5C-4B94-A61D-6386A79E2B25.jpeg

33DDB58A-759F-4EE4-9062-C14A30DA333B.jpeg

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Haven't really been "active" on here since Friday. Started feeling pretty crappy Friday night. I have to take a weekly Covid test for work so I took it Saturday morning...negative. Figured it was the flu but after 4 days wasn't much better. Went to the doctor yesterday and they did a flu and Covid test. Flu was negative. Got the call about the Covid results today...positive. It's just like case of the flu to me luckily. Feeling pretty good but I'm out of work for at least 10 days. If it would've hit about the end of the first week of November, I could have hunted the second week of muzzle loader and first week of rifle deer season but oh well. I'm glad it wasn't too bad for me but hope no one else gets it. My wife works from home and doesn't have any symptoms. HOPEFULLY she doesn't get it.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Haven't really been "active" on here since Friday. Started feeling pretty crappy Friday night. I have to take a weekly Covid test for work so I took it Saturday morning...negative. Figured it was the flu but after 4 days wasn't much better. Went to the doctor yesterday and they did a flu and Covid test. Flu was negative. Got the call about the Covid results today...positive. It's just like case of the flu to me luckily. Feeling pretty good but I'm out of work for at least 10 days. If it would've hit about the end of the first week of November, I could have hunted the second week of muzzle loader and first week of rifle deer season but oh well. I'm glad it wasn't too bad for me but hope no one else gets it. My wife works from home and doesn't have any symptoms. HOPEFULLY she doesn't get it.
Sorry it hit you! Keep us posted on your recovery. Chuck

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Someone mentioned bales today. That was actually my first thought, just didn’t follow up. Wife was very concerned with rodents and the use of hay or straw. I still need to spread rodent bate and also put tarps over this. But I got a long ways.

Denise saw a forecast that included snow Thursday night but I haven’t really looked. Just know temp is supposed to crash Thursday and Friday nights to about 20. Will be a test!!!!

I do have a ceramic heater near the tank collection box on low.

Garry, we always used to use good clean wheat straw bales around my grandma's trailer. As long there is no grain in the straw, it doesn't act as an attractant, but still is a warmer area mice want to colonize, so poison is always needed. Might be something you could use to augment your insulation if you could find a source.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Most of my day went pretty good but let me tell you about the last run I made at work today. Most of you know I'm a truck driver, tractor trailer or semi to some folks. I was on my way back to my home yard, I had a pretty good load on the truck but not maxed out. Driving through Detroit and came into a school zone, school was getting out and it was the usual kids running around chasing each other and just being kids, parents in cars on both sides of the street, car doors being flung open etc, so I was proceeding very slowly with my rig, got a thumbs up from the crossing police. So I get past the school, came up to the next traffic light and there was this young boy waving at me with the biggest grin on his face, boys do like big trucks, lol. So I waved back to him and his grin got even bigger, I could see his excitement. So the light turns green and I again proceed through the intersection slowly as there's cars everywhere with school getting out. I get past the intersection about 600 or 700 feet and there's a car in the opposite lane from me heading the other direction, all of a sudden this white dodge truck serves around him at a high rate of speed and is now in my lane sideways and just barely missed me, glad I was still rolling slow. Then I saw why, a cop was tight on his tail with lights a blazing. It's amazing how your mood can go from pure joy and happiness to pure terror in just a few seconds. The way it is in Detroit now is laws are merely suggestions, if a cop tries to pull you over just run! No need to stop at intersections, no cop no stop. All the streets in the city are full of burnout and donut marks everywhere. Complete anarchy.
After I got my heart rate down I thought I should have pulled my truck across the road right in front of that white truck as he was heading right for the school zone at a high rate of speed, I have no idea what happened after they passed me. But I never think of things like that until after the incident. I was still shaking my head at what just happened. Unbelievable!

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
I hope he didn't a child. The government is making it easier on the criminals and harder on law enforcement. And then when they do get to court, the "justice" system doesn't do anything to them.
🤬🤬🤬

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
I hope he didn't a child. The government is making it easier on the criminals and harder on law enforcement. And then when they do get to court, the "justice" system doesn't do anything to them.
🤬🤬🤬
Article in today's paper described why police in Portland did not intervene in destructive protests last week - #1 reason because the rules inacted by Oregon senate essentially prevents them from doing their job safely. If it keeps going, I'm getting me a gun just to protect my own.

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
With that what is a good - not too expensive = compact semi for car carrying? We have a bright shiny new glock superstore that opened a month ago or so, but aren't they expensive?

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
I know some people aren't a fan of Glock but they are simple to maintain and virtually indestructible. But there are a lot of great ones out there.

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
Yesterday wasn’t the best,was out pheasant hunting all weekend. Boy am I out of shape!! Back was sore and my right knee felt like it was 3’ thick. Soooooo I’ll be out again on Sunday.:cool: Dog was very tired too.

01B8C030-6CD0-4E3E-A1F5-3894F023CFCE.jpeg

C45E8493-9AF3-4834-86D0-1797C7979ECD.jpeg