HRB for a knife

quags37

Reaction score
First name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anybody hear of anything from Boyd, Leroy Blue? I've been trying to get a hold of him, but he hasn't responded to messages or email in some time now...

quags37

Reaction score
First name
Nick
So.. it looks like I'm burned on this deal with Boyd (leroy blue). Sent him a bunch of hrb and he kept telling me he was almost done and he'd send pics of progress (never did...) for like 4 months. He disappeared after Christmas and I haven't been able to get ahold of him since. Beware if he shows up around here again. He may have had some health issues or something though, so I'm not sure..

Steve Smith

Reaction score
First name
Steve
Bummer. Perhaps it's a covid related issue, but it's probably too optimistic from the lack of updates.

quags37

Reaction score
First name
Nick
Bummer. Perhaps it's a covid related issue, but it's probably too optimistic from the lack of updates.
Yeah, I've tried to give people plenty of extra grace in the last year+, but the way communication went, I don't think it was a covid issue. He stayed in touch for the first couple weeks, then just messaged me once a month with another reason he wasn't done, and said it would be another week. Then nothing..

Sometimes he would ask me the same question 3 days in a row, which also made me wonder what the deal was. Bummer is right though..

NCWoodArt

I always get told I have nice wood.
Reaction score
First name
Bill
Be glad to help you out, I love bartering and I don't forge my own blades I buy them as blanks they still make very nice finished product.

Bill Holland

quags37

Reaction score
First name
Nick
Thanks for the offer Bill. I think I'm taken care of for now, as I'm working on a trade with a guy I sold some blanks to in another place. I will keep you in mind if that falls through.

Jarrett F

Reaction score
First name
Jarrett
I buy wood from Boyd occasionally and the last time I ordered from him was towards the end of 2020. It took over 6 months for him to get it ready which is much longer than normal. I know his parents were battling covid earlier this year.
I haven't talked to him in a few months but I honestly don't believe he is the type to burn someone. I've met him at a guild meeting (knives) here in Ga. He's a good guy and I think he'll make it right in time.

quags37

Reaction score
First name
Nick
I buy wood from Boyd occasionally and the last time I ordered from him was towards the end of 2020. It took over 6 months for him to get it ready which is much longer than normal. I know his parents were battling covid earlier this year.
I haven't talked to him in a few months but I honestly don't believe he is the type to burn someone. I've met him at a guild meeting (knives) here in Ga. He's a good guy and I think he'll make it right in time.
Thank you! I hesitated to post in the first place, but didn't want someone else to get in a jam too. I wasn't sure if maybe he had some physical or mental health stuff going on, and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I even searched for an obituary at one point so I didn't end up with a foot in my mouth.. If you talk to him, tell him I hope all is well.