• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Hybrid boxes

kris stratton

Reaction score
First name
kris
5B1FE0AF-CF28-4F8F-87AE-5129CB32B244.jpeg FBF4B9CE-25EF-465B-83D8-B518E1E7E4F9.jpeg 913E959F-0FFF-47DA-98F8-FFECD54F2477.jpeg pretty cool little project,had fun making it.i made the mold from a cutting board ,it was 10 by 10;and then I made dividers to make the side pieces in the same mold,used liquid diamonds and a normal two part epoxy for the casting ,stabilized the wood as well.
The other box is 15 by 8 and was fun to make as well.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
That's gorgeous Kris, good to see you man! Tony

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Wowsers! Those are show stoppers!

Mlyle

Amateur Woodturner
Reaction score
First name
Michael
That is beautiful........!!!! Great Job and great eye for color transference.....and the gold of the timber
wow,,,,,My granddaughter saw it and she is 11 she is starting to say OMG tooooo much,,, any way so yeah we heard it again
I am of faith an I think if I had that box I would give it to my pastor and ask it be
passed round for the offering ....

JMTC
again great job

Burly Man

Reaction score
First name
Joel
very well executed boxes you have there. I've never mitered or glued resin before... what do you use for adhesive? super glue?