Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

I have about 100 blanks

Discussion in 'Sanding & Finishing - Woodturning' started by DaveHawk, Jan 5, 2019.

1. DaveHawk

DaveHawk Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    david
    of spalted maple to turn into pot calls. I started turning all the bad punk wood blanks to put into the stabilizer solution to finishing turning. Ended up getting 12 into the solution. I'm surprised how much I've learned in 5 years turning.

• Like Like x 5
  2. DaveHawk

First name:
    david
    I need to tute my horn.
    I had a guy call me and order a spalted maple pot call. He received the call and then ordered another which he supplied the wood. He loved that.So he ordered a Brazilian rosewood call and Black African striker. So after he receives the calls and strikers he tells me he has 5 world slams , so He must have the big bucks to travel a lot. He then tell me out of his 300 or so call mine are the best he's heard among some of the top call makers. I told him I don't know who top call makers are but I thank you for the complement. He gave me the incentive to do more turnings. So I'm back at it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 2
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  3. Mr. Peet

Mr. Peet Member Full Member

First name:
    Mark
    Keep us in the Loop Dave, if it is true, for sure awesome all the way around. Congrats...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. DaveHawk

First name:
    david
    Thanks Peet, I've always like just doing a craft for the enjoyment of creating and when it came to the time of taking something to the next level I've always backed off including with my paintings. I appreciate the vote of confadence.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  5. phinds

phinds Moderator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Paul
    Damn type-ahead :smile:

Current Time: 12:35 PM