**Closed*** Ice Picks for trade or sale

Are Ice picks a necessary tool for the home craftsman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greenmtnguy

Reaction score
First name
Alton
*** Closed*** . In a moment of temporary insanity, I bought out the remaining stock of a now closed local Ice House from probably the 50s. What will you trade for say 40 old stock ice picks with varying degrees of rust on the metal. Start your own assassin school, have Merry Christmas loser engraved on the handle and leave one stuck in the sidewall of someone's tire that has wronged you in the past, make darts, scrimshaw tool or impress guests at your home bar with your ice pick skills. Want to buy some? 2 for $1 plus postage. I can do 6 for $8.50 out the door or 12 for $14 out the door. I'm hoping someone needs a few hundred. What do you have to trade. I might say yes.

Plain ice pick.jpg

Last edited:

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Pretty cool, I still have this one my mom used to use to breakup ice when I was a kid. Crazy these were also used for breaking up coal and coke too! Back in the day, a different kind of coke was used for heating.

CF01EF26-EC93-4508-988C-E0051240311A.jpeg

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I'd like some. Would you trade for some Mesquite?

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I could fill a MFRB, what would that get me?

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I would take old ones, I'm going to take the handles off and turn new ones anyway.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Alton and I worked out a deal for some. I will get a box together and post a pic later on this week.

greenmtnguy

Reaction score
First name
Alton
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I made a box for Tony and included some really rusty pick to fill the box. He can either salvage them or junk em. didn't want to send a partial box. Over 100 in it.

Box ice picks 001.JPG

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
@TimR , i didn't get my dad's ice pick; but i found one at an antique store and bought it. Sits up in my tool box. He was always using that thing as an awl, alignment tool, etc...….it was indispensable in the shop. I really liked the question above. Will try to get a picture of it tonight. It has a larger red handle with a metal cap on it.

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
I made a box for Tony and included some really rusty pick to fill the box. He can either salvage them or junk em. didn't want to send a partial box. Over 100 in it.

Hope that box doesn't get misdirected to Sharon Stone :scare3::scare3:

(If you have seen the movie Basic Instinct you will understand) :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

greenmtnguy

Reaction score
First name
Alton
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
6 cost about $5.50 postage. I can mail 12 for $8 postage. So 6 cost $8.50 out the door. 12 cost $14 out the door.