Identification

tstan7022

Reaction score
First name
Troy
Just picked this up among a large bundle of walnut and maple at the mill. I assume it is a variation of maple but can someone help me identify it. Keep in mind it is wet in the pic. Hasn’t stopped raining heee in days

AE9FBA6B-150F-42B6-9DB8-236E009D988D.jpeg

tstan7022

Reaction score
First name
Troy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These are three more of the pieces from that same bundle. I see a lot on here about spalled and ambrosia maple o these fall into any of those caragories

C77DC864-15CD-423F-9D90-6798341A90D3.jpeg

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
First picture could really use a clean end grain shot to help ID. It may not even be a maple.

Second picture the two right hand boards appear to be ambrosia. Left hand board is unclear. It's a little dirty and could use a clean sanded end grain shot to verify. I suspect it is just plain clear maple with maybe a little curl but cant tell for certain. Check out Paul's site for wood ID. @phinds do you mind to drop him a link to your maple figure section?
Meanwhile there is a thread on here detailing what pictures to take to help us ID your pieces.

Last edited:

rob3232

Reaction score
First name
Rob
Ambrosia Maple with some awesome curl. Hard to tell for sure but most likely Soft Maple. Nice pieces regardless!