Importing African Wood's

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
Lol well what is it then? I know what he told me it is I wanna know your opinion on what it is and why I should be so concerned??? I mean if it's something that's a legit issue I better deal with it so if your 100% it's a banned species than I wanna know right away but what I'm told it is doesn't give me an concern but I'm not on Africa so I might not know

Look, I don’t like to see people getting scammed and especially good folks here in WB. It doesn’t matter what wood it is and what I said it is- but, it does matter what he said it was. What I want to see happen is you get your wood legally and there is no hitch at your end when it comes into the port here in the US. Make sure your logger gives you all the necessary paperwork and like I mentioned to you before, you need to confer with Fish and Wild Life Service about what you are intending to do and what permits you have and what they need from you so your container can pass through customs without a hitch. I am done and out.......

Arn

Brandon Sloan

Reaction score
First name
Brandon
Just a quick reverse image search, this one showed up on some Chinese website in 2016. I’m not saying it’s a smoking gun, but certainly enough to make you want to dig deeper.

356878B3-E053-41CD-BE56-D00E474D0B80.jpeg

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
I hope all goes well for you Andy and that we get to benefit from your hard work if you put any of it up for sale on WB.

Otterhound

WB Enthusiast
Banned
Reaction score
First name
Richard
A few years back , I had the opportunity to purchase some true mahogany from Florida . I had no doubt that it was harvested legally , but the seller had no documentation . Sadly , I walked away . If you are buying Gaboon Ebony from Africa , Bob Taylor is in the mix or it is likely a scam . He has essentially cornered the market on that wood for better or worse . Most buyers that I know of or have heard of travel directly to the source to choose and verify their product as well as press skin with the vendor . Dot your I's and cross your T's or you may end up with a visit like Gibson got a few years back . No one wants that . Good luck and remember to trust but verify .