Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
This is my review of the infinity aner blades for the Dewalt dw735. These are high speed steel and they claim longer blade life. Slightly higher cost than the stock Dewalt blades that seem to nick and dull when you just look at them. The infinity's cost $79.95
They come well packaged
20210319_161536.jpg
They are ground nice and laser etched, double edged and reversible just like the originals.
20210319_161633.jpg
They are good quality HSS.
20210319_161640.jpg
To break the screws loose I use a torx bit socket with a 3/8" ratchet and extension. I find it fits better than the tool Dewalt supplied with the planer and doesn't strip the heads out. It also gives better leverage to break stubborn screws loose.
20210402_162655.jpg
I still use the Dewalt tool to lift and remove the blades with the magnets in it. Also to install the new ones.
20210402_162715.jpg
This is the thickness of the standard blade.
20210402_164142.jpg
And the infinity replacement is thicker.
20210402_164209.jpg
So far I am much happier with these blades. The cut quality is good and the planer is feeding much better with sharp blades. This is a cheaper alternative to replacing the cutter head with a carbide insert cutter. I decided to try these blades instead as I may upgrade the planer to a new Grizzly at some point. So far I like these blades, I'll update as time goes on with how they hold up. I recently ran a bunch of red oak through the planer with good results.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Extremely helpful! Sourcing of replacement parts seems to always be frustrating, particularly with older equipment. Thanks for the details! Chuck

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I was going to order a set of these the other day, since I just flipped to the last side of the last set of stock blades that came with my 735 when I bought it. (Came with two sets.) But they're out of stock! Hopefully in stock soon - I want to order a set to have ready for when I need to change blades.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Update: I have used the planer a lot with these blades, all hardwood. They are holding up much better than the oems.

pvwoodcrafts

Reaction score
First name
Mike
You would NEVER regret upgrading to a bird head. I upgraded on both my 20 inch planers and they have both paid for themselves by not sending knives out to be resharpened. Not to mention they are whisper quiet compared to 3 of 4 blade cutterheads and won't pop out highly figures wood. I procrastinated for years but have been very happy with them. By the way I have had it on my grizzly , which I use a lot every day, for over 15 years and am on my last index. Will be replacing carbide inserts in the near future

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You would NEVER regret upgrading to a bird head. I upgraded on both my 20 inch planers and they have both paid for themselves by not sending knives out to be resharpened. Not to mention they are whisper quiet compared to 3 of 4 blade cutterheads and won't pop out highly figures wood. I procrastinated for years but have been very happy with them. By the way I have had it on my grizzly , which I use a lot every day, for over 15 years and am on my last index. Will be replacing carbide inserts in the near future
I don't disagree with any of that. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is I want to upgrade to a Grizzly 15" planer with the carbide insert head at some point. It's one of the last machines I need to upgrade. I changed the head on my 8" grizzly jointer and wow, what a difference.