Intro from down the bayou

BBEpoxy

ChemTec Epoxy Coatings Authorized Distributor
Reaction score
First name
Brody
My name is Brody, 33, in southeast Louisiana. I own and operate BBEpoxy. We do a lot of both figured live edge and epoxy work. After buying an Alaskan mill, we can now do everything in house, no subs. This means we handle everything from harvesting the wood to the final install in your home.

I get bored working with common woods so I’m always looking for something usual. Thing is, I usually find it but most of the time I have no clue what I’ve actually got because the trees have been down for years already making identifying them difficult. I contacted Paul after finding his wood ID site, he encouraged me to join, so I did.

Looking forward to learning and I’ll be trying to stump y’all as often as possible!(bad pun totally intended!)

One thing about me, I tend to play rough. I don't sugarcoat anything. This tends to rub people the wrong way online since tone cant be inferred over text. If you feel you were attacked or insulted I assure you it was done in play. Also, don't be afraid to hit me back, I can take it!

D425B2A4-3561-4B80-A3AC-4348E11DA1BC.jpeg

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Brody, welcome to the club....

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Brody, Welcome from South Texas! Tony

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome from California! Anxious to see pics of more of your projects! The sign you posted is most awesome! Chuck

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
Welcome from So Cal, I used to live in DeRidder, LA, looking forward to seeing your finds.

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Welcome from Tucson. I am a former CoonAss that was born near and raised in Mamou and Ville Platte. What part of the Southeast Louisiana are you in? ........... Jerry (in Tucson)

BBEpoxy

Reaction score
First name
Brody
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome aboard. It'll be fun watching you try to 'stump' Paul.
Current score: Brody 1, Paul 0. LOL (post on that game soon to follow)

I'm sure that score will change once I actually give him all the info he requested. He's sharp. Seriously though, I've only exchanged a few emails with him but I can already tell he's a great guy, eager to help while expecting nothing in return.

BBEpoxy

Reaction score
First name
Brody
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome from California! Anxious to see pics of more of your projects! The sign you posted is most awesome! Chuck
Thank you sir! Might be a bit arrogant but Pics do my work no justice, even the new IPhone cant capture half the detail. That's a thin maple slab filled with red epoxy and silver alcohol ink, silver mica fractal burns and the actual lettering is only carved into the epoxy itself, not the wood. This makes the lettering float above the wood, cool 3D effect!

My more recent jobs:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BBEpoxyLA/posts/