I've got too many other things to do....

FLQuacker

Reaction score
First name
Wayne
But I'll take a little confidence into the fall when I get going again!

Stabilized redgum, black walnut ends and base. Brazilian cherry paddle. Taking a little more patience than the cedar box to tune. redgum.jpg

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Looks great. I didn’t realize you could use stabilized wood for a soundboard. Keep it up Wayne.

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
If ya don’t mind Wayne I’ll piggyback on your thread and post a couple of mine since we’re both just getting into solid body boxes. C7FF35DB-4891-436D-8D8F-A7DE4FBD2B36.jpeg

FLQuacker

Reaction score
First name
Wayne
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks great. I didn’t realize you could use stabilized wood for a soundboard.

I'm tryn! Might have to make a softer paddle. Kinda backwards of normal. That B cherry is rock hard and dense. I've always struggled with stabilized wood, even with my pots. Just has a "different" sound. Lol...having to try and tune without chalk! All my stuff is in N FL and I can't find a piece of chalk around here to save my neck!

Last edited:

FLQuacker

Reaction score
First name
Wayne
Couldn't end on a dud....last one sure is purdy but it's acting like one of those ya just use as a paper weight! This one's much better. maple.jpg

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Looking good. You’ll have to try another piece of that gum that’s not been stabilized and see if it sounds any better. It sure is pretty wood.

FLQuacker

Reaction score
First name
Wayne
Actually cut quicker than what the model said....10 minute roughing run with a 1/4" end mill. 1 hr 40 minute on the finishing run with a 1/32 ball. Model said 2 hr 30 mins.

FLQuacker

Reaction score
First name
Wayne
So next spring I guess I'll have to take somebody every trip just to help tote calls! Pecan & Purpleheart pecanph.jpg

Last edited: