Just cut a hickory burl off a tree in West Virginia

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Sean, Click on the member's name to see when they were last on. Seems Gilbert was last seen on since Feb. 2018 so I doubt you're going to get a response from him. Also, I'm not a burl expert, but those look more like heal-overs (from the tree covering over a wound or broken limb) to me.

Anyway, mention what you wanting to trade here, and you probably get a reply soon from an active member.

SeanPEvans

Reaction score
First name
Sean
Sean, Click on the member's name to see when they were last on. Seems Gilbert was last seen on since Feb. 2018 so I doubt you're going to get a response from him. Also, I'm not a burl expert, but those look more like heal-overs (from the tree covering over a wound or broken limb) to me.

Anyway, mention what you wanting to trade here, and you probably get a reply soon from an active member.
Thank you Karl, I did start a wtb post, but I’ll pick around and see what I might have to trade.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Thank you Karl, I did start a wtb post, but I’ll pick around and see what I might have to trade.
I know Jesse quite well. This was not a great piece of wood. very few nice pieces of hickory burl around and hard to dry- thus the high price

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
I don't like the drama. If I could be on it for stuff like you were talking about and nobody cause drama, MAYBE! Plus I'm computer illiterate nowadays. Do enough for work. I've tried the FB thing. I can't figure out how to maneuver around in there.

SeanPEvans

Reaction score
First name
Sean
I don't like the drama. If I could be on it for stuff like you were talking about and nobody cause drama, MAYBE! Plus I'm computer illiterate nowadays. Do enough for work. I've tried the FB thing. I can't figure out how to maneuver around in there.
I hear you about the drama, it’s the reason I got rid of my account years ago. That said, it can definitely be a good source if used sparingly and for specific things like this.