Knife sharpening

Az Turnings

Reaction score
First name
blake
looking to get a dozen or so hunting knives sharpened for the season. Would need them back in 2 weeks. Don’t have time to mess with them and would rather pay to have them sharpened correctly !!!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I use a worksharp.....its awesome.....

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Y'all are funny guys! We do them at work, but I don't do it, it's not even done here. Everything is sharpened in Houston and sent back and forth, it's a 2 week process to get them done.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Didn't see the tags until just now, sorry to hold up things Blake!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I was debating those cause they sell them at work. Can you really get that razor edge like stones produce?

They get sharp. But not scary sharp. It puts a slight round over to the edge. It's great for edc knives, and kitchen knives. I'm not sure how sharp you need for what ever you use em for. But it works great for my needs.

If I want scary sharp, I used my 12" dmt diamond plates and my dads old knife clamp/holder....

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
They get sharp. But not scary sharp. It puts a slight round over to the edge. It's great for edc knives, and kitchen knives. I'm not sure how sharp you need for what ever you use em for. But it works great for my needs.

If I want scary sharp, I used my 12" dmt diamond plates and my dads old knife clamp/holder....

discussing best sharpening methods is like politics- ask 2 people and get 2 vastly different opinions. Most work just fine...

Bigdrowdy1

Reaction score
First name
Rodney
@Az Turnings you got pictures of the knives? I have a butchers stone and other items and can put a shaving edge on them.

IMG_1220.JPG
That was from 2 weeks ago on some knives I put handles and edges on.

Az Turnings

Reaction score
First name
blake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Az Turnings you got pictures of the knives? I have a butchers stone and other items and can put a shaving edge on them.

View attachment 153364
That was from 2 weeks ago on some knives I put handles and edges on.
Here’s what I got. Just outdoor edge Kodi pack knives. Want a killer edge on them though. It’s been awhile

image.jpg

Bigdrowdy1

Reaction score
First name
Rodney
I don't have anyway to do the gut hooks though I have an idea. The blades wouldn't be no problem. I have the kodi 2 pack. I shoot you my address.

Rodney

Az Turnings

Reaction score
First name
blake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't have anyway to do the gut hooks though I have an idea. The blades wouldn't be no problem. I have the kodi 2 pack. I shoot you my address.

Rodney
No worries if you can’t get the guy hooks. Shoot me a price also! :good2:

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
discussing best sharpening methods is like politics- ask 2 people and get 2 vastly different opinions. Most work just fine...
One person can give you 3 different political opinions, unless it’s someone from the great state of Washington and they only think one way up there

Last edited: