Laguna F3 52" table saw.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Actuly the push stick is in an ideal location, when you are pushing a board through the saw its right there in a natural place to grab it. I always kept a magnetic push stick on the fence of my old saw. I may go back to that as the clips that hold this push stick on are quite tight and the stick is a little wide for my liking. But that's all just personal preference. I think its cool that they even thought to put a push stick right where you need it.

I can see that, if you often use the push stick. I don't use my push stick that often - I have a pair of MicroJig Grr-Rippers that I prefer to use most of the time. For the times I do use a push stick, it's held onto the right edge of the saw's top with a magnet. (I don't have an extension table off the side of the cast iron wing, so it's a convenient spot for me to store it.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well Laguna called me back twice today. First call was just a customer service representative that took my information and forwarded it to a tech. Then the tech called me and confirmed everything I said and that there was no adjustment to the fence rail and that the measuring rule was stuck on in the wrong place. A new one is being ups'ed to me. I also chatted with him about the manual being for an f2 model and useless for an f3. He said he would forward that information. So I'll give them a thumbs up for customer service so far, they did get back with me, talked about the problem, and took action to correct it.

rob3232

Reaction score
First name
Rob
My Delta has two windows .(?)Depending on how the fence is set , so a total guess on my part. I’m glad that they are making it right for you!

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I recieved my new measure tape for the saw today. Promptly shipped by Laguna! Thank you Laguna. So I removed the old one and cleaned the sticky adhesive residue with some denatured alcohol. That's all I have time for tonight, got home kinda late from work today. Tomorrow's another day. But Laguna took care of me and I'm happy about that. :good2: :cool:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Been working crazy hours, maybe I can get the tape put back on over the weekend. Then it's on to building a new outfeed table for it. It's gonna kill me to buy a sheet of plywood at today's prices but I need it for the top to laminate some formica on it. I had this on my last outfeed table and it was nice.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
If I could find some 3/4 that was halfway smooth I would! I'm frugal, lol. I need a piece 4x5. When this is done it will also serve double duty as a work bench so it has to be flat and strong. Plus I have some ideas for storage underneath it.

Last edited:

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
At current pricing, I think hardwood plywood is cheaper than anything in pine... I went with a different design on the pair of desks I'm building for my boys to avoid having to buy a couple sheets of plywood. But that's hard to avoid with what you're looking to do.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Well today I wiped down the rail again with denatured alcohol and got the replacement measuring tape put back on.
I did small sections at a time.
20210531_165228.jpg
After a few test cuts I set it to 4"
20210531_170710.jpg
I'd say it's pretty spot on.
20210531_170847.jpg
I can't believe how smooth this saw is! I have never in my life run such a smooth table saw, no vibration whatsoever. The factory blade that came with it isn't bad either, it's not a Freud, but it's really not bad for a blade that came with the saw. Most factory blades are crap.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
So here's a little feedback after using the saw a little bit. The hand wheels are extremely smooth and fast, and I like that they have a lock knob in the center. Blade gaurd and riving knife is quick to change and no tools are needed to do it. The fence is now accurate after getting the new measuring tape installed under warranty from Laguna. It locks down and is very rigid, it's a heavy piece of steel and very robust. The power of the saw is really good, I have sawn 2" rough sawn cherry and some really hard red oak, it plowed right through it even with the factory blade which isn't a ripping blade. And the blade it came with isn't bad, but I did purchase some new full kerf Freud blades for it. Dust collection is good, but I still get dust on the table so the overblade pickup isn't fully effective as I had hoped. I'm sure it's doing something but I do still get some dust on the table. The saw is very smooth when running and I like the standard paddle safety switch. Overall this is a very high quality machine imo. But here's what I dont like. The owners manual is about worthless, it's not even for this model saw, I had to just figure out how the fence rails and tables where put together. And the tables and legs. Both are cheap imo. The legs are thin steel with no bracing, not good on a machine with wheels that can be moved. And the tables themselves are pure crap, like a vinyl coated MDF, it's a soft material and not very robust, and the outfeed table is tiny. But most other manufacturers dont even give you an outfeed table so I guess that's a plus. But hey, we are wood workers and we can build new tables, and I am. Once my new outfeed tables are made this is going to be a fantastic upgrade for my shop. I really do like this saw and I'm very happy with my purchase. Its powerful, smooth, quiet, and accurate, and it has a great fence. The miter gage is nice and has some nice features too but I'll be using my incra miter 1000 hd on the saw. Oh and it's nice to have a blade guard that actually works and doesnt make me want to take it off and throw it away!

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Here's another nice feature of the fence, you can slide the aluminum fence back to help guide large pieces hanging off the table. Helps to keep things square before you hit the blade.
20210610_190637.jpg
This is a 24" table top.
20210610_190647.jpg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I learned today that laguna has already updated this saw. All that was added was a digital readout for the blade angle and they added a dual cursor for the fence since it is a hi low fence. And they upped the price $500. I could care less about the digital readout as I still like my tilt box. But I want to see if I can order the fence dual curser and add it to my fence, I think that would be nice.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I removed the Laguna push stick and just use the one I've had for years, it's far easier to get off the fence as it's just held on with a magnet. It's also much thinner so the space between the fence and blade guard can be quite small. The Laguna push stick was held in place with a couple of spring steel clips and it held it too firmly, even to the point that the push stick bent from being under tension. So I removed it.
I like my very old rockler push stick much better.
Some things are just better by simplicity.
20210815_150929.jpg