Lignum Vitae

RexB

Sweet Gum natural edge bowl
Reaction score
First name
Rex
Hi all,
Want to find a piece of Lignum Vatae(?) 2-6 inches in diameter and 4 ft long. This would be for my pain doctor and he does Akido(?). He watches out for my injuries from Iraq and want to do something nice for him and expressed a wish for something like that to strengthen his wrist and arm muscles.
Happy to buy it and shipping as we (wife and I) hope to give it to him by Christmas.

Thank you

Kentexian

Reaction score
First name
Kentexian
Hi all,
Want to find a piece of Lignum Vatae(?) 2-6 inches in diameter and 4 ft long. This would be for my pain doctor and he does Akido(?). He watches out for my injuries from Iraq and want to do something nice for him and expressed a wish for something like that to strengthen his wrist and arm muscles.
Happy to buy it and shipping as we (wife and I) hope to give it to him by Christmas.

Thank you
It’s on the endangered species list, I doubt you will get anything near that size and if you somehow did it would cost a fortune.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
This tree is native as the sanctum variety in Florida. You may stumble on someone removing a purple flowered tree/shrub from landscaping... if you do, and it happens to be super dense.... that is your suspect. The plant is still sold for an ornamental and many folks neither know nor care that it is endangered if it gets in the way of their landscape ideas or the new addition on their house.
I would definitely look what it looks like and keep an eye out for a tree/bush coming out.
Folks on sights like this are always hunting that wood.

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
A piece that size would run you a couple hundred dollars probably depending on quality. There was a Jamaican seller on eBay that regularly had scavenged pieces that length at reasonable prices. A while back though. Most of what is available is milled and it is very pricey at this point. You can alternatively buy Verawood. Nearly the same. Smells good too.

hokie

Reaction score
First name
Jeremy
Hi all,

Thank you
A little close to Christmas, but I found your Lignum Vitae...

Reaction score
First name
Frank

hokie

Reaction score
First name
Jeremy
And... yep. It's a fortune. @Kentexian was right.
Haha, yup. I was just surprised to see *anything* suiting RexB's request let alone an entire friggin slab! Exotic Lumber is one of my "local" dealers and so I keep an eye on their inventory and this popped up. I would love to know what people would do with a slab like that.

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Haha, yup. I was just surprised to see *anything* suiting RexB's request let alone an entire friggin slab! Exotic Lumber is one of my "local" dealers and so I keep an eye on their inventory and this popped up. I would love to know what people would do with a slab like that.
I know what I would do:drool: then:dance2:followed by:blbl:. But seriously, dunno. Would make a gorgeous hall table to show off to everyone. I mean that would be wasted as a night stand!