• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

List of Nominal Sizes Needed for Blanks.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Dang verizon is not loading today.
Oh sure it loads here. But its ridiculously slow for other things.
Nevermind.
The hock tools site finally loaded.
I'll add it to the list, thanks Paul!

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Marc (@ripjack13 ),
Just got around to looking at this thread. Great info source. For fly rod reel seat inserts, the hole through the middle is generally around 3/8". I usually start with a 1" X 1" X 4" long blank, drill the hole and then seat it on a mandrel (cheapo me, I use a piece of all thread with a lock washer and nut on each end). If a person is good at drilling the hole, they can get by with a 3/4" blank. The large outer diameter of the finished reel seat insert is nominally 0.665".

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Ah right on. I don't have those listed. Thanks for the info. I'll add it to the list.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
What size is needed for....... uh, nevermind. I found it.

I saw the email notification and said to myself, "Self, didn't you add that one in there a while ago?"
Apparently I did.
Heh heh heh

Ken Martin

Reaction score
First name
Ken
@ripjack13 it started out as a serious post about reel seat blanks. But then I noticed that I was still on page one. So I read the rest of the thread and lo-and-behold, what do I find on page 3? Well since I couldn’t delete the post, I had to edit it ... with the truth.

oopsie!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
@ripjack13 it started out as a serious post about reel seat blanks. But then I noticed that I was still on page one. So I read the rest of the thread and lo-and-behold, what do I find on page 3? Well since I couldn’t delete the post, I had to edit it ... with the truth.

oopsie!

That's funny right there....3 posts up too. I didn't even see that till you said page 3. Lol

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
The cribbage template I use is 17" long X 4.75" wide, it's a two-track pattern. When I print it I reduce the scale to about 95% so it turns out about 16" X 4.5". If I reduce it much more the peg holes get too close together). I also have a three-track template but it's bigger, I think 19" X 6". As someone said, there really isn't a single standard template, but I'd say if you're using 1/8" pegs, the width can't get much smaller than 4.5" or the pegs get too close together. Maintaining a uniform spacing, that makes the minimum length somewhere around 16 - 17". But I've seen cribbage boards that don't make two loops, the peg holes go up one side and down the other, so they could be narrower, but longer. Cribbage requires 120 holes in each track plus one hole for the winning peg.

cd4dec07c4007b053cae99488b7778be--diy-cribbage-board-cribbage-table.jpg

cribbage template - Copy.png