Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Logging close to the road

Discussion in 'Logging' started by sprucegum, Oct 17, 2018.

1. sprucegum

sprucegum Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Dave
    44106481_311794912740735_4156891334453493760_n.jpg My son got a job yesterday to clear for a municipal water line upgrade. Perfect timing for him because we have been getting a lot of rain lately and it is too wet to cut most places. Unfortunately it was a job that had to be done fast so all of the wood was removed with the limbs still attached and sold for biomass. The good news is that most of it was small and low grade. I'm sure some saw logs could have been salvaged and the wood yard operator most likely will pick out the best.

• Way Cool Way Cool x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. barry richardson

barry richardson Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Barry
    Wow, Is that your son's rig?

3. sprucegum

sprucegum Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Dave
    Yes he started out helping me pull a few logs with a old ford tractor when he was in HS. He bought a old pickup and a used Kubota with a winch when he was 18. He is 38 now and has that feller buncher, a loader slasher delimber, two skidders, a log truck, as well as a bunch of excavation equipment. I don't ask what is payments are but I do know that him and his crew harvest a lot of trees in a year. Winter is his logging prime logging season and excavation fills in the summer although they do some of both year round.

• Like Like x 2
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 2
Current Time: 6:32 PM