Logo Brand

Which logo do you prefer?

• Total voters

Mr. Aion

Reaction score
First name
Justin
I've been looking into making a brand for my pieces and asked a friend of mine to make some mock-ups.

I'd love your thoughts/input! Logos.jpg

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Right one for me as well. The left is a little too abstract for me. Tony

jasonb

Sawdust = man glitter
Reaction score
First name
Jason
I prefer the right as well, but am not completely sold on the "C". The right pattern also looks to be a simpler pattern to transfer to a piece with less chance of line distortion/blurring if heat will be used in the pattern transfer method.

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
The spiral and nested rectangles- nautilus shell and the “golden mean” is demonstrated on the left logo. The right logo does not have quiet have that structural or mathematical relationship within the 2d plane. You can probably make the left logo read better with using positive and negative, using color or adjusting the gauge of the lines by sheer manipulation depending how you want it to read or what you want to stay “in focus”. Less is more.

Last edited:

Mr. Aion

Reaction score
First name
Justin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I prefer the right as well, but am not completely sold on the "C". The right pattern also looks to be a simpler pattern to transfer to a piece with less chance of line distortion/blurring if heat will be used in the pattern transfer method.
I hadn't even thought about heat distortion! Thanks!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I like the right side. Less is more on logos. Maybe swap it, so the curve after instead of before it...

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Right. Way too abstract on the left. Would be helpful to know what the icon represents, insofar as the company, etc. Chuck

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
In a lot of ways I prefer the right if you want to clearly show the relationship to your name.

From a purely aesthetic point of view I like the left one. It really appeals to my sense of balance and it just feels 'right' - but I'm not sure that for most people it would look like much more than a random symbol that would take more mental gymnastics to associate with you.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Like the one on the left but as Jason points out above I think you're going to have problems with detail on the tight cluster in the center.

Mlyle

Amateur Woodturner
Reaction score
First name
Michael
I love the left.....its different.....you will not see one like it....tho abstract......down side I think
It might get a response of.....

"What the heck ?????"

Tho if they like your art ....your work......they will love you logo

Imho....I like the left

So if you choose the right.......can I have the left logo brand???0??????

Mike

Mlyle

Amateur Woodturner
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Question....

When you decide on a logo.....where do you go from there?

Cards with logo and info?
Branding iron?

I am interested cuz I want a logo brand too and I want to pic brains

Mike

burlgirl

Reaction score
First name
Paula
My choice would be the one on the right, for me simple is better unless the one on the left has some kind of special meaning for you. I've been using a logo brand for a while now because I didn't like having my "signature" out there for someone to copy, use, steal....just me being paranoid. The one problem with a logo brand is that people, customers, need some way to associate the logo with you, if they have a piece with only your logo on it how do they find you to purchase another or search for you on the web.

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Neither but if I had to pick one I would pick the right because it is simpler...the left is too busy and confusing. My 2 cents :cool:

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
Considering the OP hasn't logged on for 8 months I'm gonna pick both of em... :lol2::drinks3: