**ENDED**Looking for a pressure pot for trade

Bubby

Reaction score
First name
Phillip
Hey all!

I'm looking for a pressure pot for casting and have exotic wood and burls that I would trade for a pressure pot.

Thanks!

Bubby/Phillip

Bubby

Reaction score
First name
Phillip
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just bought a new one. $1,100.00. There not cheap the bigger ones rated for 80 lbs.
Ya, I'm not looking for a big one. Just a starter pot. Would be awesome to have a really nice pot but I'm just starting out. I've got some really cool exotic wood and burls.

Glenn Lefley

Reaction score
First name
Glenn
One of the few things I would not cheap out on. Seen a few harbour freight blow up videos of the 99$ pressure pot. A lot are rated for 50 - 60 lbs. but normal working pressure 5-15 lbs. ask at a local paint store where painting contractors go. They often have cheap , good quality used pressure pots.

Bubby

Reaction score
First name
Phillip
I live in a ghost town lol. I don't think we've had a paint store since I was in high school, 16 years ago lol

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
Keep an eye on Craigs List etc. Like Glen said painters don't use them much anymore. I got one that way for $100. I had to get a new seal but that was a small price to pay. My Harbor Freight conversion is now used only for vacuum.

Bubby

Reaction score
First name
Phillip
I just bought one a couple of days ago, so this thread can be closed!!! @Glenn Lefley I got an almost new Dan Am SATA pressure pot, made in Germany. Brand new the pot is over a grand.

I definitely didn't pay anywhere close to that lol. Now just waiting for the dude to ship it and then figure out what I take off or keep lol.

Bubby

Reaction score
First name
Phillip
Keep an eye on Craigs List etc. Like Glen said painters don't use them much anymore. I got one that way for $100. I had to get a new seal but that was a small price to pay. My Harbor Freight conversion is now used only for vacuum.

The closest city to me is over 2 hours away. So Craigslist doesn't work for me. I may be getting a cheap vacuum pot/pump and having @The100road pick it up and then ship it to me lol

I almost got a pressure pot from his area and he was going to ship it out for me, but I don't have the room for a 10 gallon pressure pot lol. The pot was massive!!!

It was a great price, I probably should've bought it. The company recently went out of business and the person didn't know if it worked or not.