Looking for Project ideas

GeorgeS

Reaction score
First name
George
Good afternoon, I have a friend that I would like to make something for and Im not sure what I want to make. Looking for turning projects that a fisherman might like? Any ideas for me?

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Clocks are great. Rolling pins are useful, occasionally. Vases are easy to vary the shape of to suit the piece of wood you hold. There are various toys and fiddly, fidgety things.
Pens are useful and variable...
A feel for type of project should help folks filter through the ideas they have.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Does he or she collect lures or flies? Maybe you can design a multi-tier stand with places to display lures or flies? Most fisherman have a landing net. While the net itself isn't a "turning" project, you could maybe get a net and turn a fancy handle with different kinds of accent wood. Then cut off the existing handle and replace it with the fancy one you turned. It becomes a custom made net. If they have multiple rods, you could turn two round plates with holes / slots for rods. Then mount the plates on a long rod or rods to make a floor standing rod storage rack.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Somewhere there's a thread with instructions for turning balsa wood fishing bobbers.

GeorgeS

Reaction score
First name
George
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does he go after really big fish? Maybe a fish bat?
Fish bat is definitely on the list. If the fish aren't big enough his wife or daughters might need it for him!